This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Kid's Curriculum and Programming Director
Richmond, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/25/2012
Categories: Associate Pastor - Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Parkway Fellowship Church
Curriculum and Programming Director
Description: To lead, evaluate and constantly improve curriculum and weekend programming to align with the vision of Kids at The Park to make our weekend services the best hour of every kid’s week.
Recruit and form curriculum teams for both preschool and elementary Sunday morning curriculum
o Form a team of volunteers that range from teachers, worship leaders, creative types that will meet once a month to discuss and evaluate upcoming curriculum for the month. Discuss topics such as worship sets, props, clearly more creative ways to communicate each lesson
Purchase and prep all needed supplies for weekly lessons for Birth – 5th grade classes.
Partner with the Kid’s Volunteer Shepherd to create and maintain an evaluation system for evaluating how volunteers are teaching the Sunday morning curriculum.
o Curriculum Director will be responsible for doing the actual classroom evaluations and then reporting those findings to the Kid’s Volunteer Shepherd and Children’s Pastor.
o This can be done through a set schedule of in classroom sit-ins and observation
Oversee, lead, and manage the Power Praise Team
o Recruit and interview teenagers interested in join the team
o Add them all communication venues (Facebook and texting groups)
o Put together all worship set list to then give to the Power Praise Team Coordinator for rehearsals.
o Address any situations or behaviors that may disqualify a teenager from serving on the Power Praise Team
Participate in special events not limited to but including:
o VBS: Oversee and meet with both preschool and elementary Bible story teachers and make sure their level of performance is consistent with out Sunday morning expectation. Gather all needed supplies to Bible story rotations
o Camp: Assist the Children’s Pastor in administrative tasks and supply preparation.
• Participate in Kid’s Small Group by teaching a small group at both offered sessions.
• Perform any other duties as required by the Children’s Pastor of Parkway Fellowship
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Be familiar with the Think Orange Strategy and curriculum
• Will be asked to read the following books during the interview process: Think Orange by Reggie Joiner and Making Your Children’s Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid’s Week by Sue Miller
• Commitment to the ministry and vision of the Kid’s Ministry of Parkway Fellowship.
• Flexibility to work overtime on weekends and weeknights periodically for special events/needs.
• Excellent people skills including verbal and written communication.
• Member of Parkway Fellowship
• Must align with the personnel manual of Parkway Fellowship.
Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon experience.