This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sebring, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Minister of Youth
First Baptist Church of Sebring
Description of Ministry
FBC-Sebring is accepting résumés for an energetic, highly motivated and creative Christian to be our next Minister of Youth.
Do you have a passion and calling for ministry? Do you love working with teens and young adults? Do you have a yearning to help young people grow in their faith? Are you a leader, team player and visionary?
The scope of this position includes ministry to middle and high school youth. This position will encompass responsibilities related to organizing and leading worship.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Must be a good connector with youth both in individual and group settings
- Develop and implement and effective long-range strategy for the spiritual development of students
- Provide vision, strategic direction, oversight and energy for all student-related ministries (grades 6-12)
- Regular and consistent interaction with students at the local middle and high schools
- Develop and execute all activities for students including, but not limited to Sunday School, Wednesday and Sunday evening youth group gatherings, and other mission opportunities
- Equip, empower and encourage student and adult leaders to become vibrant and dynamic disciples of Jesus Christ
- Develop, monitor and maintain the Student ministry budget and track expenditures throughout the year
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience in working with middle and high school students
- Strong skills in planning and organizational management
- High energy, outgoing and welcoming personality; genuinely enjoys spending time with youth
- Balanced relational and task orientation – sees building relationships and getting things done as equally important
- High personal and moral standards
- Committed to Bible study, prayer and Christ-like living