This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bethlehem Assembly of God
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Assemblies of God
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position – Children’s Pastor for infants through 6th grade
The ideal candidate will show evidence of a mature, and ever-growing, and spirit-filled relationship with Jesus Christ. Their lifestyle will be a reflection that will bring children to the knowledge of him as their personal savior. This individual will be able to recruit, motivate, and lead adult leaders, and together form a team that will be able to work towards big goals. This individual must be energetic, tech savvy, and creative, be an encourager, as well as be able to bring correction. They will be able to bring an already established children’s ministry to new heights, under the direction of the Senior Pastor. A children’s ministry run by this candidate should be one that is growing in faith and influence, and has a strong focus on families.
• Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the children’s (birth-6th grade) ministries including the related calendar and budget preparation and coordination
• Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring of adult volunteers and the multiplication of volunteer leadership
• Serve as an advocate for spiritual formation of children before staff, congregation, and elders. Being the liaison between the spiritual interests of children and the staff, leadership, congregation and the church board
• Challenge children to be missional, i.e. support missions locally and around the world, integration of missionaries into weekly services, servant evangelism and local outreach all for the purpose of reaching the lost.
• Continue education and access to innovations through seminars, conferences, and other lifelong learning opportunities.
• Oversight of “teachers” through, but not limited to, screening, ongoing training, and appreciation.
• Planning and carrying out a security plan for all of those involved with Children’s ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to VBS, children’s ministry area at annual block parties, special holiday events, Convoy of Hope: Kids Zone, and other major outreach events.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
• Must have a deep LOVE for children, a direct calling to minister to them, and a passion to build relationships with them
• 3-5 year’s experience in children’s ministry and/or children’s education
• Experience and passion to recruit and lead volunteer teams
• A Christian testimony, personal soul winner and disciple maker
• Excellent verbal, administrative, leadership, and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, send an email to email@example.com with “Job Position: Children’s Pastor” in the subject line, and include the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. 3 References
The Cover Letter should answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Define your call to ministry.
3. What makes you stand out from the other candidates?