This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Mandarin Presbyterian Church
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2012
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Part-Time
Mandarin Presbyterian Church is looking to fill the position of Audio Technician. This is a part-time position, roughly 20 hours per week. Flexible hours with the exception of a couple evenings during the week and Sunday Mornings.
The following is a detailed description of what would be required:
AREAS OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Responsible for ensuring excellence in the following areas of Sunday morning worship:
- Responsible for sound & lighting in worship
- Maintain constant eye contact with the platform during services; ensure that only authorized personnel are at the sound booth
- Oversee video volunteer ensuring they hit all proper cues
- Set up any equipment arriving early before rehearsal or service to check sound system microphones, batteries, projection/video needs, etc.
- Assist with any platform changes needed for these services
2. Oversee audio recording of sermons weekly.
3. Perform sound checks for Choir (Wednesday evenings), Praise Team (Thursday evenings), as required by the Music Director, or for training purposes.
4. Recruit and train volunteers for the Media team, to handle audio/video requirements in the sanctuary for Sunday worship and in the Fellowship Hall for CRAVE, Hang Ten, Great Banquets, JOY, etc. Oversee the proper training of the Media team.
5. Schedule the Media team volunteers for weekly worship services, special services and weddings and funerals.
6. Assist with sound needs at CRAVE - High School Ministry (Monday evenings) and Hang Ten - Middle School Ministry (Wednesday evenings), or train volunteers to handle these responsibilities.
7. Meet with the Communications Director and/or Music Director every other week, or more often if needed, to plan and prepare the audio/visual needs for Sunday services and any special services.
8. Assist with technical needs for special events throughout the year, such as Preschool programs, Children’s Music programs, SCAMP, JOY lunches, and occasional classes/meetings as needed.
9. Assist with audio/visual needs for outside groups, such as Scouts, who use the church facilities. Ensure that they understand how to use the system and that everything is as it should be when they finish their program.
10. Responsible for maintenance and repair of the sound and media equipment at both campuses, as needed. Oversee and perform minor troubleshooting on all church audio/video systems.
11. Responsible for ensuring that the sound booths at both campuses are neat, clean and organized and that instructions for use are posted in the sound booths. Also responsible for ensuring that the stage and sound storage closet in the Fellowship Hall are kept neat and in good order.