This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Trinity, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/20/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Leader will lead and oversee the music teams at Generations Christian Church. The primary objective is to lead the church worship team in preparing and presenting worship music to the congregation and leading the congregation in singing during the weekend services.
Talents or Abilities Desired
Good leadership and organizational skills, Education and/or experience in leading musicians and vocalists, knowledge of basic music theory and fundamentals.
?ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 40 hours/week
? Presence at weekly rehearsals and worship gatherings is required
? Meetings and planning sessions
? Extra – Curricular Events as needed
1. Work closely with the Worship Arts Pastor to ensure that the vision of the service is carried out through music.
2. Identify, recruit, train and encourage volunteer musician/vocal positions.
3. Establish and maintain a level of quality and excellence within the worship team.
4. Serve on the Creative Team to provide input for new ideas for use in weekend services
and special events.
5. Ensure that all elements and volunteers on the worship team are scheduled and
coordinated for all worship services and special events.
6. Ensure that all worship team members are equipped and informed regarding all musical
elements of the weekend services.
7. Research and choose music for weekend services and other events as necessary.
1. Clearly understand, communicate, and promote the vision and strategy of Generations.
a. Mission – Connecting people to Christ.
b. Strategy – Worship, Grow, Serve.
??c. Goal – That people will experience a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
2. Maintain daily devotional/prayer time and pray specifically for the lives and families of those on our teams.
3. Set a clear, Christ like example for others to follow, sacrificing and redistributing your time as needed to accommodate church-wide ministry needs.
4. Continued pursuit to grow in leadership.
Please send your resume, social media information, and any links to audio or video that
would best showcase your abilities as a worship leader to firstname.lastname@example.org.