Mars Hill Church’s mission is to make disciples and plant churches. The Finance department’s mission is to lead through service, via effective stewardship, reporting, and consulting, and we are looking for someone who shares the passion of supporting this dynamic organization through their giftedness in the area of overseeing financial reporting.
The position's primary responsibility is to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. The primary business units are Mars Hill Church, composed of individual churches and main office departments, and The Resurgence. The position is focused heavily on corporate accounting responsibilities for Mars Hill.
• Fulfill the duties required of Mars Hill Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
• Fulfill the character qualifications of a deacon as taught in the Scriptures
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP, specifically not-for-profit standards
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Accounting
• CPA preferred
• 2+ years accounting experience
• A sample of technical writing will be requested, and may be submitted with resume. Not to exceed file size of 1MB.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Leadership abilities and work effectively as a team member
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and handle multiple priorities
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge and experience with General Ledger and Donor Management Software (Serenic & Logos preferred)
• Ability to be trustworthy with extremely confidential information
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and review account reconciliations and analyze account balances for accuracy and completeness
• Perform balance sheet review which includes resolving outstanding issues, reviewing accruals, prepaid, liabilities (i.e. internal and external debt and interest calculations) etc
• Assist and prepare necessary schedules for external quarterly and annual audits
• Maintain compliance with tax and reporting requirements at the local, city, state, and federal levels
• Some travel may be required
• Other special project and reports as assigned
Schedule: Monday – Friday, with some Sunday responsibilities
Hours: Exempt, full-time
Location: Central Offices | Seattle, WA (Ballard)
Vacation: Two weeks vacation, one week personal, plus one week at Christmas
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Disability
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Commnications and Systems ManagerBethany Presbyterian Church
- Seattle, Washington
- September 14
- Lakeland, Florida
- September 12
Mission AdministratorMenlo Park Presbyterian Church
- Menlo Park, California
- September 8
Finance & Operations ManagerLifeAustin Church
- Austin, Texas
- September 8
DC Metro Church- Executive AssistantVanderbloemen Search Group
- Alexandria, Virginia
- September 5
Mars Hill Church
Mars Hill's mission is to plant churches and make disciples. We have grown from a small Bible study to over 12,000 weekly attenders at 14 different church locations in 4 states: Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, and California. As Mars Hill continues to grow, we need high capacity staff to help execute our vision. We expect a lot from candidates- both a mastery of a challenging and ever-changing field, and an unyielding love for Jesus. More...