Venture Christian Church Financial Controller
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the coordination, administration, and controls of financial operations. Performs analysis to support strategic decision-making and provides other reports required by governmental regulations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems, policies and required to maintain reporting requirements. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Provides leadership, direction and supervision to general accounting and cost accounting.
• Provides monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings in preparation of related internal and external financial statements with supporting schedules.
• Monitors the financial performance of the church and school in relation to approved budgets, standards and targets; reviews financial and statistical information.
• Utilizes timely, accurate, and consistent information to make strategic operating decisions.
• Provides Year-End Audit and coordination with external auditors.
• Maintains records and reports for all purposes including statutory and compliance matters.
• Maintains and manage accounts and records on all company assets and transactions utilizing the current accounting and reporting systems.
• Manages accounting policies and procedures and provide effective financial controls.
• Monitors current accounting pronouncements, trends, and practices and recommend policy relative to these changes in the legal/regulatory environment.
• Ongoing evaluation of the accounting systems and reporting function to drive upgrades and improvements.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field. CPA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' accounting experience in private industry (prefer minimum 2 years public accounting), strong proficiency in Excel.
• Proven abilities in corporate finances, accounting, and payroll related costs (nonprofit preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills.
• Strong technical/analytical and accounting skills.
• Ability to work independently (self-starter) and produce results under pressure.
• Ability to work effectively with top-level executives and all levels of other departments.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with state and federal employment law preferred.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Must be a team player with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of FinanceChrist Church Lake Forest
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 23
Pastor of Students and FamiliesThe Shepherd's Staff
- Southeastern US, Texas
- October 22
Director of FinanceGrace Church
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- October 21
Graphic DesignerFairfax Community Church
- Fairfax, Virginia
- October 20
Worship Pastor - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 20
Venture Christian Church
Venture exists to be a catalyst to transform the Bay Area from a place of spiritual darkness to a global strategic teaching and discipleship center for the gospel of Jesus Christ by partnering with Living on the Edge and like-minded churches to produce r12 Christians… here, there and everywhere.More...