The Associate Pastor over CBC Family Ministries is charged with directing programs to both reach and disciple families in the Bakersfield area with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through methods relevant to the current and ever-changing cultural norms. The Family
Ministries Department is an “umbrella” that covers many already existing programs at CBC including: Sunday Adult Classes; LifeGroups (small groups); Family Events; and Student, Children, and Nursery Ministries. It is our goal for the Pastor of Family Ministries
to plan, lead, unite, and implement necessary change in order to fulfill CBC's Vision Statement within each of these ministry areas.
It is our desire that the Pastor in this position be mentored to assume the role of Senior Pastor at a date established by the Elder Leadership Team.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
1) Work with current Senior Pastor in determining and scheduling the topics for the Sunday morning sermon series, coordinating with the Music Pastor, and sharing the preaching duties in both the traditional and the contemporary service.
2) Development of an Annual Ministry Plan and Budget for the Family Ministries Department
3) Support and assist in the development and implementation of an Annual Ministry Plan and Budget for: Student, Children & Nursery departments
4) Assist the Executive Pastor with the oversight of the Sunday Adult Classes system, structure, and instructional materials and recruit, provide leadership, and support teachers
5) Oversee the LifeGroup system, structure, and training materials, providing ongoing vision, training and leadership
6) Develop, implement, and execute quarterly family-friendly outreach events
7) General Pastoral duties to include: weekly hospital visits, counseling and shepherding, attending all staff and Pastoral Team meetings, prayer support, and participation in other CBC Ministries
Associate Pastor reports directly to: Executive Pastor
Reporting to the Associate Pastor: Administrative Assistant, the Student Ministries Pastor, the Director of Children's Ministry, and the Director of Nursery Ministry.
Minimum Skills, Experience & Education Required: Bible College Degree, 10 years ministry and leadership experience, or equivalent.