This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Communications
Good Shepherd Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 09/19/2012
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Communications will work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor on external/internal communications and marketing opportunities with the primary directive to promote and support the realization of Good Shepherd Church’s Vision and Mission with a focus on evangelism and growing God’s kingdom. This person will also provide creative counsel and direction for various ministries of the church as they organize and produce various events, programs and communications. This person will be expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer and other appropriate ways as this person serves Jesus Christ and the Good Shepherd family.
• Develop and execute a strategic communications plan for all Good Shepherd communications efforts.
• Own and promote the consistent implementation of the Good Shepherd identity throughout the church and the various ministries.
• Oversee the development and optimal use of all internal and external communication media (print, Web, audio, video, and multimedia) from Good Shepherd Church to the church family and the community.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive publicity/media plan in support of major church initiatives.
• Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communications ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, etc.).
• Seek new technologies and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of Web and social media-related communication with all ministries.
• Serve as the owner and webmaster for church’s website to ensure content is relevant and updated on a regular schedule.
• Oversee the regular evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of church communication channels and vehicles and develop and implement plans for improvement.
• Drive measurable progress toward the realization of the Good Shepherd vision and the creation of a culture of generosity.
• Report to the Senior Pastor responsible for communication.
• Interact with the Finance Team in areas of budget and finances.
• Interact with Office and Facilities to ensure that all electronic/Web-based communication is functional and database information is readily available.
• Interact with the Director of Worship, Senior Pastors, the Worship Team and others regarding the creative development and implementation of visual arts used in worship services.
• Interact with the various ministry leaders at Good Shepherd to enable them to make better use of communications through training, mentoring and leadership.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to a life-long faith journey.
• Keeps current on creative communication and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and the Good Shepherd family. This may be accomplished by a variety of means that include: Online and social-media activities, reading books and periodicals, and attending professional conferences.
• Develops budgets and works within those guidelines while establishing goals and implementing strategies for their attainment.
• College degree or commensurate experience required.
• Minimum 5 years in above stated responsibilities.
• Candidate must be able to show examples of relevant experience.
• Knowledge and expertise in print media, branding, graphics, Web design, audio and video production.
• Management supervision experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to think strategically, provide direction and take projects from concept to completion.
• Market research/analysis skills a plus.
• Visual design skills a plus.
• Experience in developing and working in team-based ministries.