This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Executive Director / Business Administrator
La Canada Presbyterian Church
La Canada, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2012
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
The role of Executive Director / Business Administrator is a full-time exempt position supporting the ministry of LCPC by providing leadership and direction to management of the property and facilities, human resources, financial, legal and business affairs of the church within the governance structure of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The Executive Director / Business Administrator works with the pastors, program directors and Session to develop systems and processes that provide committees, volunteers and staff the resources to perform their tasks efficiently and with accountability. Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Preparation and management of the church operating budget
• Projection and management of cash flow in accordance with church policy
• Maintenance and accuracy of accounting records for all church financial activity
• Supervision of all tax, financial and budgetary reporting
• Supervision of all church personnel matters
• Management of all church facilities
• Management of the church’s computer network, systems, office equipment and furnishings
• An accomplished administrator with a minimum of 5 years business operations experience, including management of human resources, finances and facilities. Previous experience as a church business administrator is considered an asset.
• Sound knowledge of business and labor laws, accounting, payroll and human resources practices.
• A servant leader with a strong desire to serve Christ by serving others.
• A team builder with strong leadership, management and organizational skills.
• Ability to interface effectively at all levels, including the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others in order to reach effective solutions.
• Detail oriented, very organized and able to prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Proficiency with software applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the familiarity with database software such as “Shelby.”