This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Greater Mt Zion Baptist Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/17/2012
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Fast growing predominantly African American church in Austin, Texas seeking a worship leader.
1. B.A. or M.A. Degree in Music
5. Heart for Community
1. Oversee GMZ Music Ministry.
a. Plan, organize and coordinate a comprehensive music ministry to fulfill the vision of the Pastor and GMZ’s mission.
b. Lead and coach the music ministry in embracing GMZ's established worship values.
c. Establish annual goals for the music ministry and establish guidelines to measure effectiveness.
d. Develop and oversee annual music ministry budget.
e. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of musical equipment.
2. Oversee and develop musical units.
a. Oversee and develop current musical units - Combined Choir, Voices of Greater, Praise Team and Descendants of Asaph (DOA).
b. Establish new musical units as opportunities present themselves - Children's Choir, Women's Chorus, Male Chorus, and smaller singing groups.
c. Encourage the spiritual development of the music teams through devotions at meetings and relationship building.
d. Develop and coach music team leaders in selecting music that honors our contemporary and traditional music blend.
e. Schedule and coordinate rehearsals for all musical units.
f. Recruit, train, and utilize gifted soloists, musicians and directors.
3. Serve at Sunday and Special Worship Services.
a. Serve 3 services on Sunday.
b. Oversee Saturday service.
c. Serve at Baptism and Communion service.
d. Serve at Saturday service, special worship services and funerals as necessary.
4. Oversee Creative and Artistic Ministries.
a. Create additional creative and artistic ministries to reach the community.
b. Encourage the spiritual development of the creative and artistic teams through devotions at meeting and relationship building.
c. Oversee Epiphany dance ministry.
d. Oversee interpretive dance ministries that may develop.
e. Oversee Spoken Word ministry.
f. Oversee Mime Ministry.
6. Work with the Creative Planning Team to plan worship services, select music, and schedule performances of drama, dance, and other artistic ministries during regular and special worship services.
7. Utilize Planning Center Online (PCO) to communicate and schedule performances, coordinate music for worship services, and assist in planning worship services.
8. Oversee and assist in evaluating the performance of the following paid staff:
• Worship Assistant
• Trumpet player
• Keyboard player
• Bass guitarist
• Praise and Worship Directors
9. Attend conference and seminars to enhance knowledge and skills at leading music ministries.
10. Minister to paid and volunteer staff under your leadership in times of bereavement, loss, and celebration.
11. Lead and/or participate in a Circle of Greatness.
12. Live according to the moral qualifications of overseers in 1 Timothy 3:1-8.
13. Do anything else deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.