This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Walbridge, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 09/14/2012
Categories: College Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Brethren
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Next Generation Pastor
The Next Generation Pastor will be responsible for the overall direction, leadership and supervision of the middle school and high school ministries of Mainstreet Church.
Ministry Areas: Next Generation
Position: Next Generation Pastor
Ministry Target: Middle School, High School and College-aged
Position Is: Paid Staff - Salary
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership/Administration/Teaching/Shepherd
Talents/Abilities: Organizational Skills/Technology/Creativity
Personality Traits: Relational/Dependable/Role-Model
Position Overview: To lead the middle school, high school and college-aged ministries in the development of fully devoted followers of Christ, exemplified by the characteristics of Mainstreet’s 3Gs – Grace, Grow, & Give.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership skills & be a team player while still building authentic relationships.
- Be a student of God’s Word with basic Bible knowledge and teaching experience.
- Lead an exemplary Christ-like lifestyle as a role model for those he/she ministers with and to.
- Provide overall leadership for the Next Generation Ministries by providing visionary direction, goal-setting, strategic planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Create a fun-filled and inviting atmosphere that students “can’t wait to be a part of…”
- Develop a disciple-making strategy for students to include the creative teaching of God’s Word, building lasting relationships with students and reaching out to them in their environments. This strategy should help students develop a deep and lasting faith that they take personal ownership of and then utilize to impact others for Christ.
- Recruit, train in disciple-making and provide leadership and direction for the middle and high school adult volunteer leadership teams.
- Other administrative and miscellaneous duties as assigned.