MEDIA/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR | JOB DESCRIPTION
Harvester Christian Church is looking for a Media/Tech Director with Broadcast Video experience. This full time position will work under the leadership of the Pastor of Worship to oversee and implement video capture and video broadcast of the weekend experience, classes, and events on our campuses. This position will assist in the development of the use of distributed video/tech platforms to communicate the Gospel outside the walls of Harvester Christian Church campuses. This includes leading and developing volunteer video staff and overseeing and managing the expectations of this team and systems.
Harvester Christian Church is a very healthy congregation and a Bible teaching church. The potential for growth over the next decade is great due to the church’s new vision and the heavy populated neighborhoods close by. Harvester Christian Church has seen the need to put a face-lift on the campus and has consulted with Visioneering for direction. The challenge for our Media/Technical Director in the next 2 ½ years will be updating and expanded our technological systems and IMAG equipment and having his/or her video team in place before we are in our new worship facility which presents us with great opportunities as well as new challenges. There is a plan of action to add land and a new look to the campus that will begin within the next year. Harvester Christian Church has one Saturday worship service and three Sunday services. We have recently installed new audio equipment, digital audio system AVID VENUE soundboard, HD cameras and projectors within the last year. We now find ourselves trying to meet a higher demand for excellence in IMAG and print media production, video for web and more. We are poised for continued growth and are searching for the right person who can take the media and technical areas to the next level.
• Responsible for building and managing the video production team.
• Oversee or function as producer of weekend services
• Oversee the overall weekend mix and work along side the audio director
• Ensure and enhance our current IMAG for our online experience
• Responsible for technical components for all weekend services including, sound, lights, IMAG, videos, etc.
• Reveal and broadcast our 2013 online campus.
• Work in conjunction with the IT department to enhance our network-based technologies (i.e. Streaming, among others)
• Responsible for the maintenance of all technical equipment on the campus(es).
• Responsible for planning, designing and installing equipment upgrades and new equipment throughout all the campuses
• Recruit, lead and provide ongoing training and development of volunteer/employed video staff.
• Ensure the recording and/or broadcast of worship services, classes, blogs and events as directed by leadership.
• Schedule volunteer video staff for required worship services, classes and events.
• Lead/manage campus video capture/playback
• Ensure services and events are staffed by production volunteers and staff
• Oversee big picture planning for the production department
• Knowledgeable with various computer-based broadcast mixing systems
• Convert full screen teach PPT slides into appropriate layout for podcast and video broadcast.
• Ensure proper video capture framing for message and worship broadcast/recording as defined by leadership.
• Capture/ edit and prep additional content as required to be included in desired broadcasts.
• Develop, maintain and deliver a comprehensive training program for volunteer staff, providing them with knowledge and experience necessary to operate video equipment in video control room and associated video cameras on the Harvester Christian Church campus.
• Other staff duties as required by leadership.
• Meet with the worship pastor regularly to develop new initiatives for the ministry.
• Serve on the Worship Design Team and meet regularly with Worship Director to plan services
• Serve as a resource to other staff members
• Attend staff meetings and functions as directed
• Serve as the Producer for Sunday worship services and train volunteers
• Occasionally prepare stage and equipment for weekly rehearsals and worship services when audio director is on leave
• Committed Christ follower who aligns with the vision and beliefs of Harvester Christian Church
• Partner with other ministries to assist with technical needs for their special events.
• Highly organized with a great attitude
• Experience in live video, IMAG production, A/V technology, and graphic design
• Oversee and/or ensure that the weekend video and overdubbed audio are uploaded to church website
• Studio Engineering experience (Avid, protools, logic, a plus)
• Responsible for the discipleship of the team.
• Responsible for setting and tracking the annual technical ministry’s budget alongside the Worship Pastor.
• Manage any paid staff hired into the technical ministry.
The Pastor will embrace the Christian story and provide the environment in which the Gospel is celebrated, affirmed, renewed, practiced, and proclaimed. The environment created will need to be in step with the DNA at HCC and who we are becoming as a church: To seek God and to share God, in the place where we are. The true essence of worship is in the hope that people truly experience the Holy Spirit on all levels. The worship should be about GOD and the opportunity to encounter HIM. All the effort and planning should ultimately be about the ability to encounter God.
- Leadership for this ministry requires growing faith, a personal testimony, integrity, a servant’s heart, spiritual devotion, moral purity, and healthy relationships.
- Love for both the church and the community.
- Embrace stated vision, live Harvester Christian Church values, and be preoccupied with the mission of God, and respect Harvester Christian Church beliefs.
Steve Reischl, Pastor of Worship
RELATES CLOSELY WITH
Other staff including family, children, and student leaders Executive Pastor on organizational matters
Senior Pastor on programmatic matters
SPIRITUAL GIFTS HELPFUL FOR THIS POSITION
Leadership • Creative Communication • Discernment
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in media, production or graphic design (bachelor’s degree preferred)
• More than three (3) years video capture/ editing/ motion graphic experience.
• Experience leading multiple teams of adult volunteers.
• Experience working in a church of 1500 or more in weekly attendance
SCHEDULE AND HOURS:
• 50+ hours per week (salary position) including Saturday, Sunday and evening rehearsals
• Commensurate with experience and education
Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k and paid vacation
*If you feel like we just described you and you meet the minimal requirements listed below, please email your resume along with personal references and links to any of your audio, video or visual samples to Pastor of Worship Steve Reischl email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Production Coordinator (Youth & Children's Emphasis)Northview Church
- Carmel, Indiana
- December 5
Media DirectorCornerstone Church
- Midwest City, Oklahoma
- December 3
Video ProducerZion Christian Church
- Troy, Michigan
- December 3
FOH AudioZion Christian Church
- Troy, Michigan
- December 3
Contemporary Worship and Technology Arts LeaderFirst Presbyterian Church of Trenton
- Trenton, Michigan
- December 2
Harvester Christian Church
We are a community of people from different backgrounds all seeking to grow in our relationship with Christ and to lead others to that same place. We look to the Bible for sole authority and instruction on how to live life with God, His church, and the community around us. We strive for a life-changing connection with Jesus Christ, to be a disciple, and to live a surrendered and forgiven life.
Our vision is to live out Micah 6:8. We will act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly< More...