This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2012
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Function: The Business Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of Westgate Chapel. This person will assist the Senior Pastor in coordinating the implementation of the vision, goals and strategy of Westgate Chapel.
Character Development: Christ-like character with a servant leader who has a strong pastoral shepherding heart.
• Directly to Senior Pastor
• Indirectly to Treasurer (Finances) and Personnel Committee (Human Resources)
Positions Reporting to Business Manager:
• Ministry Assistants: Bookkeeper and Church Receptionist directly, all others indirectly
• Facility Supervisor
• Provide day to day operational oversight and management of the Church in regard to Facilities, Finances, IT infrastructure and HR.
• Monitor facility usage with the Facility Supervisor. Ensure that the building appearance, maintenance, contracts and safety equipment is up to date and functioning properly.
• Oversee and provide managerial accounting for the financial systems and processes including yearly budgeting, contribution reporting, monthly bank reconciliations, payroll, ROE and Balance sheet reporting to the board as well as weekly journal entries and accounting.
• Ensure that Westgate Chapel is above reproach with regard to risk management, capital planning and implementation, purchasing, supplier development, contract negotiation, and any legal issues.
• Supervise the IT infrastructure, ensuring that workstations, networks and software are up to date, safe, and secured for the staff and volunteers of Westgate Chapel.
• Work directly with the support staff to ensure roles, responsibilities, work performance is appropriate and effective for the ministries they serve.
• Assist and work with the senior pastoral staff and personnel committee to identify organizational ministry support needs. Provide benefits management, personnel acquisition, on-boarding, performance management, and off-boarding.
• Work with the Senior Pastor to assist the senior pastoral staff to develop and implement the short and long term vision, goals and strategy of the church.
• Work with the Deacons to administer the benevolent program.
• Any other duties requested by the Senior Pastor.
• Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call to ministry.
• Fulfill the biblical qualifications for church leadership with a pastoral shepherding heart (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9).
• This position demands that the individual be competent in providing business accounting, facility management, HR supervision as well as spiritual, emotional and relational care to the staff and volunteers of this ministry.
• Has a high level of energy, yet balances work hours with the time he needs for his own walk with God, appropriate time for his family, and personal time for refreshment and diversion.
• In full agreement with the missional objectives of Westgate Chapel and the C&MA.
• Spiritually mature and able to live a positive Christian lifestyle in accordance with Westgate Chapel policies and procedures as stated in employee handbook and agree completely with Westgate Chapel’s Mission, Vision, Values, Bylaws and Doctrinal Statement.
• A four-year college degree or equivalent experience; preferably an Accounting/Finance/Business degree.
• Possess proven leadership experience with the ability to design, develop and manage an effective leadership team and build a vibrant and growing ministry.
• Ability to inspire and motivate people: to cast a vision with a contagious enthusiasm while working collaboratively with various teams.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
• Must possess strong communication and writing skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Consistently exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
• Is open to change, has a teachable spirit, wants to improve, grow and likes to work collaboratively.
• Must faithfully attend WGC services, events and activities.
• Demonstrate that he is emotionally healthy.
• Candidate must be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States on an unlimited basis.