This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Childrens Elementary Coordinator
Venture Christian Church
Los Gatos, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Other
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
RECRUIT ELEMENTARY VOLUNTEERS (K-5) AND MAINTAIN PROPER RATIOS OF VOLUNTEERS TO CHILDREN FOR WEEKEND MINISTRY.
PREPARE AND SEND OUT MONTHLY SCHEDULES ACCORDINGLY TO ENSURE THAT ALL ELEMENTARY ROOMS ARE ADEQUATELY STAFFED AT ALL TIMES (THIS ALSO INCLUDES OUR TECH VOLUNTEERS.
ARRANGE FOR SUBSTITUTES AS NEEDED MAINTAINING A CURRENT SUB LIST FOR THE AREA.
REPRODUCE AND DISTRIBUTE CURRICULUM TO THE VOLUNTEER TEACHING STAFF (QUARTERLY)
OVERSEE THE CREATING AND PACKAGING OF ALL CURRICULUM AND ACTIVITY SUPPLIES FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR WEEKEND SERVICES. ORDER ALL CRAFT/SNACK SUPPLIES AND ANY ADDITIONAL NEEDS
COMMUNICATE WITH STAFF MEMEBERS, PARENTS, AND CHILDREN IN A CONSISTENTLY, CHRIST-LIKE MANNER
CREATE UPDATEG AND MAINTAIN SMALL GROUP LISTS FOR K-5. PREPARE SMALL GROUP BAGS WITH NECESSARY ITEMS FOR LEADERS ON THE WEEKEND
HELP CREATE, COORDINATE AND PLAN ALL BIG EVENTS (VBS, HUME LAKE, GIRLZROC, VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION, SPECIAL EVENTS, ETC.)STEP INTO THE CLASSROOM TO SERVE WHEN NEEDED
RECRUIT VOLUNTEER COACHES TO OVERSEE CHECK IN AREAS FOR BOTH PRESCHOOL AND ELEMENTARY. MAINTAIN KIOSKS WITH PERTINENT INFORMATION IN ADDITION TO CLEANING OUT/ORGANIZING
1. Two (2) yrs experience in church staff position related to childrens ministry
2. Management experience overseeing staff or volunteers
3. Small to large scale project management skills preferred
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff, volunteers, parents and children
5. Experience scheduling, recruiting and motivating volunteers
6. Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, OutLook
7. Weekend availability is required (WORK SCH: M-Th 8:30AM - 5:00 PM, Sat, 4:00PM -7:00 PM, Sun 8:00AM-1:00 PM
8. Affiliate member of VCC