This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pleasant View Baptist Church
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2012
Categories: Family Pastor - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Full-Time
Pleasant View Baptist (affiliated with Converge Worldwide—BGC) is a small church in the Midwest. We have one Sunday morning service and worship with contemporary music and hymns. Our community has excellent schools and some of the best ice cream in the nation.
The Worship and Family Pastor (WFP) will direct worship at church with secondary responsibilities of guiding family ministries so that people will connect with God, grow in relationship with Him, and serve others. Candidates for the position need to be able to lead worship with an instrument, preferably a keyboard. The ability to play guitar is a plus.
• Active, growing follower of Jesus Christ
• Education: a bachelor’s degree with emphasis on worship and family ministry; a graduate of a school of worship with family and youth ministry experience; or equivalent experience with worship, family, and youth ministry
• Experienced worship leader with a passion for exalting God through music
• Vocal and instrumental proficiency
• Competent public speaker
• Passion for guiding families into a growing relationship with God
• Gift of teaching and encouragement
• Ability to recruit, equip, and mobilize students and adults for ministry
• Willingness to endorse and support the doctrinal, purpose, and vision statements of the church
• Desire and qualifications to be an elder of the church
1. Worship Ministry
• Become familiar with the congregation and community to plan appropriately for worship experiences
• Help the congregation become aware of the meaning, purpose, and practice of worship
• Plan worship services with the pastor and worship team leader
• Lead the congregation in worship
• Supervise the music and sound equipment
• Oversee and encourage spiritual and musical growth in the worship and media teams
• Work with the student ministry to lead and develop a youth worship team
• Stay current with trends in worship through community networking and/or attending a music/worship workshop at least once a year
2. Family Ministry
• Foster relationships with families at PVBC and in our community
• Develop and implement a strategic discipleship plan that moves family members toward maturity in Christ
• Supervise and organize the children and student programs
• Recruit, train, and assist servant-leaders to plan and implement student ministry
• Collaborate with ministry team leaders
• Oversee child protection policies and procedures
3. Other Responsibilities (as assigned by senior pastor)
• Work under the direct supervision of the senior pastor
• Held accountable to the elder board
• Evaluated annually by the elder board
To apply for the position: Email a résumé, cover letter, and references, as well as answers to the following questions, to email@example.com.
1) How do you connect personally with God?
2) If someone came to you and asked: “How can I be sure that I am going to Heaven?” how would you respond?
3) What are your hobbies and interests?
4) What gives you your greatest sense of joy?
5) What is your favorite passage of scripture? Why?
6) Tell us about your family.
We will receive applications through October 15 or until the position is filled.
To learn more about Pleasant View Church, visit www.pleasantviewbett.com.