This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Missions and Community Life
Living Word Lutheran
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/12/2012
Categories: Combo Positions - Discipleship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Living Word Lutheran Church in Grapevine, Texas is seeking a full time, ordained or non-ordained Director of Missions and Community Life. Living Word Lutheran Church is a member of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC). The congregation, located in the middle of the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex, values a high view of Scripture and orthodox Lutheran teachings. Candidates must be Lutheran.
The responsibilities include the following:
1. Identify, recruit and match disciples with ministry positions
2. Research opportunities and recruit participants for local and global mission work
3. Equip the congregation to share the gospel and reach out to the unchurched
4. Oversee and develop the confirmation ministry
5. Oversee and develop congregational fellowship opportunities.
6. The candidate who is chosen, if ordained, will assist the Senior Pastor in Word and Sacrament ministry.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, organized, and able to multi-task. Leadership skills are essential as well as the ability to cast vision when asking people to serve. The candidate must be an innovator who will help our congregation live out the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20.
Please send resumes or direct any inquiries to Pastor David Eibel (Eibel@lwlc.com) or Rick Render (email@example.com).