First Presbyterian Church of Glen Ellyn
Director of Worship Ministries and Traditional Worship Leader
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
A. Design and Lead a Sunday Morning Worship
1. Collaborate with Senior Pastor: Order of Worship for Contemporary at 9:00 and Traditional at 11:15.
2. Oversee Contemporary Worship Musician Staff
3. Music Selection (Compose/Arrange). Integrate a variety of styles.
4. Communicate/Coordinate: Charts, media, sound file transfers. Weekly staff/worship planning meeting. Monthly Worship Council meetings.
5. Leadership: Schedule/rehearse/teach/train/mentor with existing musicians. Schedule and manage guest musical groups.
6. Identify and develop talents of existing musicians (vocal and instrumental skills training)
7. Provide for training and supervision of soundboard operators AND video techs (familiarity with CCLI, PowerPoint, Keynote)
B. Professional Qualifications
1. Excellent instrumental musicianship
2. Lead vocalist competency
3. Strong engineering skills with sound board
4. Administrative and organizational skills
5. Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
It is understood that the DWM should be in basic agreement with the congregation’s philosophy of ministry, has an understanding of Reformed theology and is passionate about sharing the gospel.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please include “Resume” in the subject line of the email. When possible, include a link to a recording (preferably a live worship performance) you have led in the body of the email.