This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
The Legacy Ministries
Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 09/11/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Oasis Church is a seeker driven church where our mission is to reach South Florida. This is a fast pace, dynamic church with approximately 1200 in weekly attendance and growing. Our Children's ministry averages about 250 children per week and we are looking to continue to attract new families through fun, engaging, innovative children's programming.
The ideal candidate will be a fun, high-energy person. You must demonstrate a high level of love and creativity towards teaching children and engaging them as they learn about Jesus and progress in their spiritual journey. The candidate has to be driven, a self-starter, and a total team player. You will have to provide and execute vision and leadership to ministries pertaining to the children from birth – 5th grade. This includes the below responsibilities:
• Lead Children's Ministry – Birth – 5th Grade
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the family ministry which includes weekend services, special events and future programs.
• Recruit and train volunteers who will serve in all areas of the family ministry and continue ongoing training.
• Ensure that background checks have been completed on all family ministry volunteers.
• Select and/or develop the interactive curriculum and programs that appeal to all 5 senses and that will be used in our family ministry that fit in with our overall vision to reach people for Christ and see them grow to become more like Him.
• Ensure that our environments are safe, fun, relational and creative so that children begin and grow in a relationship with Jesus.
• Find ways to connect parents in the spiritual growth of their children.
• It is extremely important that the Family Director is growing spiritually themselves. He/she needs to show evidence of this in the way that she lives.
• Minimum of 2 years leading teams
• Proven ability to lead volunteers and develop people to their potential
• Can coach and cast vision to a team and help them stay encouraged
• Organizational, and thrive in a fast paced environment
• Love of Ministry, children and their families
If you are interested in applying for this position, forward an email with Subject: JOB POSITION: Children's Director and include the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. 3 References
The Cover Letter should answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Define your call to ministry?
3. What makes you stand out from other candidates?
Send to TLM@thelegacyministries.com or call 954