This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Portland, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 09/10/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
Worship Pastor (Part-time)
Crossroads Church is a non-denominational church in Portland, Oregon, a thriving and diverse city of over 500,000 people in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Our passion is to help people have life-changing encounters with Jesus, and to lovingly meet the real needs of people both within and outside the church.
We are seeking an enthusiastic worship leader who has an authentic and compelling stage presence, is gifted instrumentally, and builds top-notch teams that serve for God’s glory. This person will be an influential thought leader who is able to communicate a creative direction in such a way that the end result is a weekend worship experience that is a truly compelling.
Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Worship Pastor will design and develop programming and media that communicate the gospel of Christ in creative, memorable and effective ways.
The position is currently part-time (20 hours/week), though may grow into a full-time position as growth and finances allow.
• In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, design, develop and nurture concepts and programming ideas that support the weekend worship services.
• Directly contribute to development of creative concepts, themes, artistic expressions, media, music and messaging.
• Provide direction to the worship community to produce compelling creative work and maintain an exemplary level of quality.
• Recruit and develop ministry teams and individuals that will grow and strengthen the overall worship community.
• Lead efforts to assess and continuously improve the quality of the overall worship experience by regularly meeting with the Lead Pastor and creative team.
• Provide opportunities for members of the church family to participate in the worship service through the expression of their creative talents.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
WORSHIP LEADING & PROGRAMMING
• Has a contemporary, energetic, progressive worship style that is engaging to younger audiences, but also enjoys contemporized hymns as a bridge to previous generations (contemporary worship leaders who do this well and are ideas of what we’re looking for in terms of energy and style: Chris Tomlin, Steve Fee, Lincoln Brewster, David Crowder, Jason Ingram).
• Superior creative communications skills and the ability to communicate compellingly to more than one audience, all at various places in their spiritual journeys.
• Possesses a holistic perspective that unites the worship (band and singers) and tech teams (sound, lights, multimedia) into a singular worship community of multiple individuals who share a common vision and see their efforts as essential to the overall worship experience.
• Exceptional recruiting skills. Has a vision for expanding the worship community and creating additional opportunities for people to serve.
• Excellent personal interactive skills.
CREATIVE & DEVELOPMENT
• Excellent creative programming skills.
• Strong experience in creative direction, concept design and content development.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced culture and environment. Respects deadlines and works efficiently.
• Excellent understanding of the role of the arts in worship, including music, video, visual, interactive, digital/electronic, dramatic, literary, etc.
• Outstanding creative problem-solver; is resourceful and possesses an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
JOB & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years experience in leading worship and programming
• Must have held positions that involved hands-on and direction of creative arts development.
• Additional experience a bonus in communication arts, marketing, and/or public relations.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Degree in a related field, such as communications.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful candidate must be a passionate, exuberant, committed follower of Jesus, and be able to enthusiastically support the philosophy and passions of Crossroads Church and its Leadership Team.
The candidate will also have an evangelistic heart and actively builds relationships with people outside the church (Portland is one of the most unchurched communities in the entire country).
Demonstrates a vigorous intellectual curiosity about current trends in the culture at large, especially the arts and technology.
Has a consistent pattern of self-motivated learning through reading, listening, and attending approved conferences and seminars will undoubtedly mark the successful candidate.
The ability to inspire and motivate others (both staff and lay persons) is essential.
Please send only a cover letter (not to exceed one page) and résumé (not to exceed four pages). A personal and/or family photo is preferred, as is a link (preferably recent video) of leading worship. Please do not send any other materials at this time.
Send all email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone inquiries.