Broadway Christian Church is an evangelical, non-denominational* church located in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana. Our purpose is threefold: worship, discipleship, and evangelism. Our mission is to make faithful and obedient disciples of Jesus Christ.
Key distinctive characteristics of our church body include:
• An uncompromising commitment to the clear proclamation of God’s eternal, life-changing Word
• A passion for engaging in vibrant corporate worship
• A very active and intentional approach to caring for the physical and spiritual welfare of the needy in our city
• An emphasis on the value of participation in small discipleship groups as a means of nurturing a spirit of community and
promoting personal spiritual growth
• A desire to participate in the Great Commission by sending out missionaries from our own body and supporting other
ministries around the globe
• A strong tradition of welcoming people of any age, culture, ethnicity, or economic status, which is reflected by the diversity
of our current membership
• An elder-led form of church governance, with the senior pastor included as a voting member of the elder board
*Applicants should note that “Christian Church”, as it appears in our name, is used only in a general sense. It does not denote any sort of affiliation with the Restoration Movement, the Disciples of Christ, or any other denomination.
We are looking for a Senior Pastor candidate who fulfills these minimum requirements:
1. Is strongly gifted as:
• a teacher (preaches God’s Word boldly and effectively)
• a leader (casts vision, calls others to action, invests in developing other leaders)
• a shepherd (displays a caring and nurturing heart)
2. Has a minimum of a bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies, pastoral ministry, or a related field from an accredited
college, university, or seminary
3. Has at least 5 years of experience leading a multi-staff church
4. Is passionate about supporting global missions and ministering to the poor
Additionally, it is highly preferred that the Senior Pastor candidate:
1. Has a graduate degree from an accredited seminary
2. Is very comfortable with the use of technology
3. Is married and has children
If you meet the minimum requirements listed above and desire to apply for the position, please provide ALL of the following items in a SINGLE email using either a Word document or PDF format.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with all of the following items included will be reviewed and considered:
• Cover letter (pictures of self and family are highly encouraged but not required)
• Resume, including personal testimony of faith
• Link(s) to online audio and/or video samples of candidate’s preaching/teaching
• Philosophy of Ministry Statement
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistriesSt Thomas United Methodist Church
- Manassas, Virginia
- June 18
Senior PastorUnited Brethren in Christ Church
- Camden, Michigan
- June 18
Elementary Education DirectorAbiding Savior Free Lutheran Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- June 18
Adult Ministries (Executive Team) (11736)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southwest, Arizona
- June 17
Student Ministries (Executive Team) (11737)The Shepherd's Staff
- Southwest US, Arizona
- June 17
Broadway Christian Church
Our Purpose: (why we exist as a church)
Worship - We are called to give God pleasure.
(Romans 11:36; 2 Corinthians 5:9; Revelation 4:11)
Discipleship - We are called to become like Jesus.
(Luke 6:40; Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 4:13)
Evangelism - We are called to share the gospel.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:47; Acts 1:8)