This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Plano, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/07/2012
Categories: Teaching Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
TITLE: Teaching Pastor
GENERAL LEADERSHIP/SPIRITUAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for affirming, reinforcing and supporting the purpose, mission and vision of the church
· Will help create new ministries/programs, promote and enhance existing ministries/programs and equip new and existing ministers in accordance with the church’s purpose, mission and vision
· Shares responsibility for the overall spiritual life and shepherding of the church and its members
· Shares responsibility for the assimilation of newcomers from the attendees to balanced believers (disciple making; Matt.28:19-20)
· Approves and upholds all doctrinal issues pertaining to the church
SPECIFIC TEACHING PASTOR RESPONSIBILTIES:
· Teach on rotating basis from the main pulpit
· Attract, win and grow late 20’s to 30’s demographic
· Teach possible, future new venue and or new site
· Teach in different formats (children’s, students, men’s, women’s, couples, etc.)
· Focus on community outreach and how we as a church can communicate and live out our mission of “joining people seeking purpose and offer life through Jesus Christ”
· Assist in all major church ministries (Membership, Maturity, Ministry, Missions, Magnification)
· Visitations as needed (hospitals, homes, etc.)
· Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion, etc. as needed
· Consistent personal touches with leaders and people providing care
· Provide counseling as needed
· Hand pick 2-3 guys and disciple, mentor and develop into leaders in the area of character and competence (Bible knowledge, people skills, etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED IN MINISTRY (Pastor, Assoc Pastor, Youth/Student Pastor) but feeling God's calling to a new opportunity AND IN YOUR 30's
· MUST PROVIDE SAMPLE MESSAGE LINK
· A successful and proven history of teaching ministry in churches or other contexts
· Proven record of a growing ministry
· At least three years of experience in pastoral ministry
· Strong familiarity with church models, church practices, and ministry paradigms
· Generates excitement and enthusiasm for the church and his ministry.
· Able to see the big picture and effectively communicate where we are headed
· Able to translate strategic goals to specific plans and drive for results
· An effective recruiter and developer of people.
· Communicates a God given vision and strategy to achieve the church’s purpose of making balanced believers
· Understands trends and developments in his local community and the culture and lifestyle of those in Collin County (particularly northern Texas), that affect how ministry is done and takes advantage of them.
· Understands the local culture of Collin County and the specific culture of LifePoint to effectively communicate God’s word in a clear, biblical, relevant and interesting way to the Sunday morning audience.
· Able to teach God’s word passionately to church leaders and motivate them to apply biblical principles in their everyday living.
· Can convey multifaceted ideas in a clear, concise and timely fashion both orally and in professional written format. Communicates truth but in love, i.e., with candor and tactfulness.
· Able to listen well. Knows how to “make knowledge acceptable”. Knows when to speak and when to remain silent.
Problem Solving Skills
· Able to identify crucial issues and establish priorities.
· Understands all issues and parties involved and discern when quick and swift decisions are required and when not to act.
· Understands the scope and consequences of decisions.
· Possesses the capacity to sift through and variety of complex issues via Scripture and God??s counsel.
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Theology or Divinity or equivalent training required.
Total annual cash compensation will include a base salary, medical insurance coverage, and retirement plan
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
972-335-3112 ext 323