This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Full Time Director of Worship and Fine Arts
Hastings United Methodist Church
Hastings, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 09/06/2012
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Worship and Fine Arts
Description of Job
This position is responsible for worship leadership for all worship services throughout the week and special services. This person executes the vision of church leadership.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
a) Strong musical and singing skills.
b) Passion to lead people to Christ via music.
c) A four-year degree preferred.
d) 5 years’ experience serving as staff and/or volunteer in worship with a congregation
of 250-400 people preferred.
e) Knowledge of and experience in contemporary worship styles.
f) Competent skill with Pro Presenter 4.0, Song Select, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
g) Knowledge and experience in operating technical equipment used for media and AV systems. All Equipment within 2 years old. Currently we use Roland Digital Sound Board Model M480, Roland Personal Mixer Model # M-48 and Vaddo Production View HD Camera System.
h) Strong verbal communications skills.
i) Demonstrates good leadership & organizational skills.
j) Must have personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and be able to freely share their faith experiences as a way to help church members and volunteers develop their own spiritual lives.
k) Must have an understanding and support the teachings and principles of the United Methodist Church.
l) Must be able to work as a productive team member of the HUMC Staff by developing supportive relationships with co-workers.
1. Selects music for worship services, matching the theme for the worship services.
2. Creates a well-rounded worship experience employing all aspects of the fine arts.
3. Conducts weekly musical rehearsals.
4. Maintains a master schedule for worship.
5. Recruits, supervises and nurtures volunteers in all worship teams as well as future worship leaders.
6. Provides regular direction and media information to the technical team insuring media and AV systems are coordinated with the objectives of the worship team and pastor.
7. Encourages, recruits, schedules and supervises the volunteer media team.
8. Reviews current trends in worship music to ensure music is relevant to individual congregations.
9. Accompanies or leads the worship team each week.
10. Provides spiritual leadership including weekly devotional at rehearsals and before each service.
11. Ensures effective communications with other staff members and volunteers.
12. Creates and leads smooth transitions during worship.
13. Meets regularly and provides direction to the usher team and other hospitality teams.
14. Meets regularly and provides direction to the sanctuary design team.
15. Dedicated to continuous improvement of worship skills and technical knowledge.
16. Supervises and schedules contracted employees, including the traditional music service.*
17. Develop and maintain a relationship with the congregation.
18. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
*Currently, music is selected and played by a contract pianist at the Traditional Service.
For complete Job information go to www.hastingsumc.org/job
Send resume, salary requirements, and Video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hastings United Methodist Church
615 West 15th Street
Hastings, MN 55033
8:00 a.m. Traditional United Methodist Worship Service
9:30 a.m. Blended Worship Service
11:00 a.m. Contemporary Worship
7:30 p.m. "Overflow" Worship Experience aimed at High School, College Age, & Young Adults
7:00 p.m. Wednesday Evening Youth Group with Middle School Band