This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Southern Pines, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 09/05/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Worship/Fine Arts Pastor
Type of Appointment: Permanent Full-Time/Exempt
The Worship Pastor will have a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion and giftedness for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to engage and energize a diverse group of people to worship together for a growing 1200 member church expanding via multi-site campuses.
Worship Pastor should have a passion to lead and disciple the people in our worship ministry from vocalist, musicians to video and sound technicians. This position must also support the vision of the Senior Pastor with an obedient heart. Worship Pastor must be teachable, responsive and respectful of authority, other staff members, and team members.
Primary Responsibilities and Skill Sets
1. Provide worship for 3 Sunday Morning services.
2. Engaging and passionate presence on the platform; to usher in the presence of the Lord through music and words.
3. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
4. Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer instrumentalist and vocalist for main campus and multi-site campuses.
5. Provide leadership development and discipleship of worship team members.
6. Recruit and oversight tech support for lighting, video streaming, sound and media presentations.
7. Managerial and organization skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Listens to and considers the ideas of team members.
9. Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at Grace Church and community events.
Training and Experience:
Graduation from a four year college or university preferably in music and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities gained through at least five years of experience.
• Leadership: Inspire, develop, and implement worship and technical team leaders and members for multi-site campuses. Share life together.
• Willingness to change styles of music to community or regional culture.
• Familiarization with standard operating procedures regarding a live production environment as both Worship Team members as well as Technical Team members look to this position for leadership.
• An understanding of digital and analog audio & video routing in a live and broadcasting environment is necessary to ensure a unified experience across multiple campus environments as well as our online audience.
• Experience with live as well as recorded video & lighting solutions with emphasis on audience experience.
• Experience with ProPresenter and Mac systems.
• Any graphic, video, or audio portfolio submissions will help with identifying the style of the applicant as this position's ability to connect with audience is critical.
How to Apply: Submit your resume; please include a video or YouTube link of your work to:
Contact Person: Melissa Jones
Contact Address: Grace Church
1519 Luther Way
Southern Pines, NC 28387
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 910-692-6711