This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/05/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: To develop and lead ministries to encourage the spiritual growth of children up to the 5th grade. This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Pastor.
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and develop children’s ministry programs and events that provide opportunities for spiritual growth.
• Partner with parents and develop relationships that encourage spiritual leadership in the home.
• Recruit and train all leaders and volunteers in the children’s ministries.
• Assist in developing in-reach, outreach, and fellowship opportunities such as summer activities, camps, mission activities, and after school programs.
• Lead efforts to reach the community for Christ through events such as Fall Festival, Easter Egg Hunts, VBS, Christmas programs, etc.
• Coordinate activities on the church calendar.
• Prepare and administer annual children’s ministry budget.
• Participate as a member of Leadership Team.
• Other duties as requested.
• Have a love for children and a passion for their spiritual growth leading to salvation and an ongoing discipleship.
• Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
• Be a role model in the worship of God both corporately and personally.
• Display Christ-like leadership and be able to inspire others to work towards a common goal.
• Be a growing, but mature follower of Christ called to children’s ministry.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.