This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Oak Hills Church
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/04/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 7501 to 10000
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Ministry Director - Journey Fellowship Campus
Assisting Campus Minister in campus development and growth through targeted family ministry to families with children (infants – 5th grade)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate evidence of a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle of bringing individuals to Christ. An individual who can lead both children and volunteers toward goals that are bigger than thought possible. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, technologically advanced, and possess the ability to motivate others. They will be expected to enhance programs already in place and create new initiatives under the direction of the Campus Minister to create a strong children’s ministry growing in faith, maturity, size, and influence. The focus will be on building strong ministries and equipping families to build Christ-centered homes.
• Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the children’s (birth-5th grade) ministries including the related calendar and budget preparation and coordination
• Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring of volunteers and the multiplication of lay leadership
• Build a children’s ministry that is highly intentional about equipping parents and families and celebrating family as the most critical place where discipleship happens
• Serve as an advocate for spiritual formation of Children before staff, congregation, and elders.
• Equip and Encourage Leaders of Missional Groups as they encourage the participation of children within their groups.
• Provide clear opportunities for older children to understand how to accept Christ and the basics of baptism.
• Continue education and access to innovations through seminars, conferences, and institutions of higher learning.
• Oversight of “teachers” through, but not limited to, screening, ongoing training, and appreciation.
• Develop division of labor (volunteer & paid) consistent to the needs of child spiritual formation programming at our campus.
• Plan and provide for the security of children and teachers involved with Children’s Ministry (i.e. security check-in and retrieval, evacuation plan, volunteer screening, first-aid, CPR training).
• Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to Backyard Bible Club, VBS, Agape trail, Baby Dedication, etc.
• Fully Support the Oak Hills Strategic Plan and the OHC template for children’s ministry
• I report to: Campus Minister
• I work directly with: Family Minister, Oak Hills Central Support
• Reporting to me:
o Nursery Director
o Children’s Ministry Volunteers and Staff as developed
• I work closely with
o Nursery Director
o JF Ministry Assistant or Administrative Volunteers
• Bachelors Degree (Graduate level study would be a valued characteristic)
• 2-3 years experience in children’s ministry and/or children’s education
• Experience recruiting and leading volunteer teams
• A Christian testimony, personal soul winner and disciple maker
• Full support of OHC Strategic Plan and OHC Children’s Ministry Template
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
If interested in applying for this position, go to www.oakhillschurch.com, employment opportunities. Download job application form, email along with current resume to email@example.com or fax to 210-698-1323 attention Patti.