This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of World-wide & Local Evangelism
Fellowship Community Church
Salem, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/04/2012
Categories: Church Staff - Outreach
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Ground Rules For Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references
D. Electronic example of message/sermon/teaching point (could be a link and is optional for this position)
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application and send questionnaire after initial screening via E-MAIL ONLY
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview
Director of World-wide and Local Evangelism
The Director of World-wide and Local Evangelism is responsible for overseeing and implementing the church evangelism program, training volunteers and actively participating in the evangelism ministry to influence others for Christ and bring them into the church. This includes leading the effort to maintain a comprehensive missions and empty chair ministry (in conjunction with the respective core teams) in the church, responsible for exploring mission opportunities, keeping the church informed regarding potential and ongoing mission involvement and serving as a liaison between the church and missionaries. The primary focus will be evangelism, outreach and missions in our community, state, country and world.
Ministry Area/Department: Evangelism
Position: Director of Local & World-wide Evangelism
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
Ministry Target: General Congregation, Local Community and All Parts of the World
Position Is: Paid Full-Time Staff
Talents or Abilities Desired: Leadership and Organizational Skills, Experience in Evangelism & Missions Work, Passion for the World,
and Flexibility; Prior experience is recommended
Best Personality Traits: Leader/Dependable, Passion for Missions Outreach, Integrity, Organized, Good with People
1.Coordinate follow up with those completed communication cards, asking questions about the ministry, indicating curiosity about salvation, etc.
2.Provide training to those who become involved in the evangelism ministry.
a.)Provide ongoing support and training materials as needed.
b.)Plan a course or seminar at least twice a year for training and reinforcement of evangelism methods.
3.Plan, organize and oversee major evangelistic events: Servant Evangelism, Guest Speakers, Community Events
4.Work with other ministry leaders to include an evangelistic emphasis in their special events: seasonal services, special drama small groups,etc.
5.Research, survey and evaluate the church and community to determine what outreach ministries are most needed and if existing ministries are effective.
6.Develop new ministries as needed.
7.Promote a positive image of the church in the community while reaching out to community members.
8.Oversee budget and expenditures for the ministry.
9.Organize the church’s efforts in supporting missions.
10.Coordinate with Mission’s core team:
a) Research, locate, validate and follow up on mission projects, opportunities, needs within the local community
b) Implement the Missions strategy of the church
c) Educate the church regarding missions, including planning a yearly mission’s awareness emphasis.
d) Act as a liaison with missionaries and organizations the church supports.
e) Development of future leaders to lead volunteer teams.
11. Provide oversight for the Empty Chair ministry.
12. Develop future leadership in all areas of the ministry including Missions and Empty Chair.
13. Participate in staff meetings.
14. Regular meetings with Missions and Empty Chair core teams.
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.