This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Full Time Director of Communications/ Graphic / Web/ and Video Arts Position
Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church
Dacula, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 08/31/2012
Categories: Communications - Media/Technology
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hamilton Mill is a growing church in Metro Atlanta and is located in one of the nation's leading school system.
We're committed to doing what it takes to build this ministry and create the kind of communication strategy that inspires personal and spiritual growth. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible!
• Partner with leadership team to form and execute strategies to more effectively communicate the vision of Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church. This will include but not be limited to print and digital media, web design, video management and/or production, social media networking, some writing, and advertising.
Director of Worship and Music, and Senior Pastor
• Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• (Wesleyan/Methodist background a plus but not required)
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
• Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
• Models standards and expectations of staff members within Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church including membership and worship at Hamilton Mill UMC, small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity and faithfully serving out of call and giftedness.
• Trained graphic designer/digital artist
• Training or high degree of understanding in video production/editing
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related field preferred.
• Prefer minimum of 3 years experience in professional communications and/or graphic arts and video production
• Must have an excellent grasp of “story flow” and understand how to inspire through narrative and design.
• Experienced in design of print and digital media (Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Basic HTML, and Final Cut Pro)
• Experience in writing/producing/editing or directing and managing promotional-style videos
• Social media expert.
• Strong understanding of “Branding” as it relates to marketing
• Ability to write creatively and concisely
• Strong interpersonal, customer service, team leadership, and team development skills
• Broad working knowledge of marketing principles, communications, public relations and media relations.
• Self starter and willing learner.
All candidates are asked to provide a link to a digital portfolio showing both print design, video work and/or digital design/development.
Please send these links with resumé (including list of communications projects recently completed) and references to: Jason.email@example.com.
$49,000-$57,000 based on experience, plus single coverage health insurance benefits. Church will help with relocation expenses.