This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Desert Hope Church
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 08/30/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
We are a recently planted Lutheran Congregation in Mission for Christ (LCMC) church looking for a Youth Director to be responsible for the implementation, development and growth of Desert Hope’s youth ministry program with a primary focus and involvement in middle school and senior high youth while giving support to the elementary school ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a program to equip youth to fulfill the great commission through a balance of teaching, fellowship, worship,
evangelism and service activities.
• Develop and grow a program that’s attractive to youth both inside and outside Desert Hope, building relationships and
bringing youth to faith in Jesus Christ.
• Provide opportunities for youth to have and to be positive role models.
• Be committed to keeping youth safe by implementing and/or supporting safety guidelines.
• Develop, recruit and train a network of volunteers to assist in youth ministry.
• Coordinate and organize events such as retreats, mission trips, camps, service projects and fellowship activities.
• Maintain effective communication with youth, their families, staff and the congregation including communication of all activities
in a timely fashion and fostering open communication with parents/guardians.
• Prepare annual ministry updates, goals and a well-planned calendar.
• Maintain leadership for each youth program, providing support and assistance as required.
• Identify youth with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for development.
• Evaluate and make recommendations concerning teaching materials and methods used in all of the youth programs.
• Respectfully listen to opinions of other youth volunteers.
• Support intergenerational church culture by encouraging youth involvement in other church ministries.
• Assure proper care of facilities used by youth programs.
• Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget, manage student fees for events and trips in a timely
• Attend worship services.
• Continue personal growth and development in youth ministry practices by attending conferences, reading, etc.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• One who is rooted in scripture, exhibits a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and models a life of integrity.
• Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
• Has experience growing a youth ministry.
• One who is gifted in and called to youth ministry, loves young people and has a passion for evangelism and outreach.
• Possesses a strong Biblical background, and is passionate about teaching God’s Word to youth.
• Is enthusiastic about helping youth to fulfill the great commission.
• Possesses good relational skills with youth, parents and staff.
• One who is in agreement with the LCMC statement of faith.
• One who is self-motivated with strong leadership and organizational skills.
• One who is excited to disciple young people and help them grow in their walk with Jesus Christ.
• Is a team player with fellow staff and volunteers.
• Must be sensitive to the needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
• Must possess the technological skills necessary to communicate effectively with youth and their parents.
• Expected to become a member of DHLC, regularly attending its services and activities.