Associate Pastor of Adult Disciple Making
Bible EFC – August, 2012
Position Purpose: To provide vision, administrative oversight and pastoral leadership for making disciples of Jesus Christ in and through the adults of Bible EFC as we impact our region with the Gospel.
1. Leadership of Adult Disciple Making (50%):
• Envision, implement, and lead a disciple making plan to connect people with Jesus, establish believers through the Holy Spirit toward change and relational commitments, and to equip people to follow God’s call to serve.
• Develop, recruit, and manage an Adult Ministry Team who are each passionate about ways of making disciples in a variety of demographic groups of adults within our church and community.
• Encouragement, ongoing equipping and managing those who are serving must be accomplished relationally.
2. Development of Outreach & Connections (20%):
• Design a process for equipping people to live their faith.
• Coordinate & oversee outreach efforts seeking ongoing new opportunities to impact and influence our community.
• Investigate and research potential expansion opportunities toward multi-site venues and campuses.
3. Disciple Making Administration (20%):
• Manage & aid in the communication of Adult Disciple Making, opportunities, events, & ongoing group ministries.
• Create and manage pathways for assimilating people into environments/settings of Spiritual-life transformation.
• Organize and refine systems for care and ongoing leadership equipping and development.
• Relationally coach, advise, and encourage volunteer ministry team leaders (as well as staff) toward improved effectiveness and a unified approach toward making disciples of Jesus Christ.
4. Pastoral Ministry (10%):
• Provide pastoral ministry to the congregation as needed in coordination with the pastoral staff team.
Background & Qualifications:
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Call from God to pastoral ministry making disciples among adults.
• Credentialed or in process of credentialing with the Evangelical Free Church of America.
• Demonstrated maturity according to the Biblical qualifications for Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:7-9).
• Must have a college degree or equivalent experience in a Christian ministry setting.
• Spiritual gifts and passion for adult ministries and the ability to relate to and care for people of all ages.
• Training and experience in a disciple making ministry and philosophy with a demonstrable desire for further training and growth.
The Associate Pastor of Adult Disciple-Making will report directly to the Senior Pastor. They will serve as a Pastoral member of the Elder Board providing regular updates. He will oversee an Adult Disciple-Making Team, as well as have a wide variety of ongoing working relationships with both staff and volunteers.
• Leadership, Shepherding, Administration
• This is a full-time (no more than 50-60 hrs/wk) position with experience directed compensation and medical benefits.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this position may begin the application process
by submitting their resume to Pastor Tim Erickson at Office@Bibleefc.org or PastorTim@Bibleefc.org.
Additional information about BEFC can be found at our website: www.bibleefc.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Bible Evangelical Free Church
Mission Bible Evangelical Free Church exists to honor God first in Tomah and then throughout the world by making disciples of Jesus Christ who are becoming convinced by him, changed to be like him, called to his priorities and committed to loving relationships. (Mark 12:28-33) Vision We will be a community full of life – real, everyday followers of Jesus who consistently multiply communities of Christ-followers so that an increasing percentage of our mission field is connected to Jesus and others. More...