This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 08/29/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Church Staff
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Part-Time
Double entry bookkeeper needed to oversee the finance functions. Responsibilities to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, general ledger, bank reconciliation, preparing financial reports, month end, payroll, insurances, mortgages, and leases.
Bookkeeper Essential Functions:
1. Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
2. Bank Reconciliation
3. Journal Entries
4. General Ledger
5. Prepare financial reports
6. Process payroll and tax filings
7. Responsible for personnel files, including payroll, attendance, and insurance
8. Track companies assets
9. Oversee organizations insurances
10. Oversee employee retirement plan
11.Assist in yearly budget preparation
12. Responsible for year end financials includes generating annual tax forms 1099's and W-2's
13. Performs other duties as assigned from time to time
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
1. Minimum of two years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
2. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
3. Ability to multi-task, manage daily assignments, and meet required deadlines.
4. Ability to operate a calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
5. Strong work ethic with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
6. Exceptional organizational skills.
7. Ability to manage heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects.
8. Strong computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office applications.
9. ACS experience preferred.
10. Strong problem solving skills.
11. Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll.
12. Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
13. Must exercise good judgment in resolving issues and in the maintenance of private and confidential information..
14. Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills.