This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Foundation Christian Ministries
Bastrop, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Foundation Christian Ministries (FCM) is non-denominational, whose purpose is *Being Christ-like Discipleship Makers* by communicating simple, fun and real messages for everyday life. This is a fast paced, young church with approximately 400 in weekly attendance and growing. Our children's ministry (3D) currently has an average of 125+ every weekend. FCM wants kids eager and happy to go to their classes, a place where they can belong while having fun learning about Jesus. We are located in the Bastrop, Texas area which is one of the fastest growing communities in the TX, allowing for huge growth potential.
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the new Children's Pastor, but the successful candidate will most likely have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent amount of work experience. Seminary training is a bonus but not necessary. The successful candidate will preferably come from a growing church. They will understand the need to maintain personal relationships with students, staff and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the Children's Ministry. They will display a significant amount of growth potential, and will be balanced in the areas of strategic and relational abilities. They will be able to envision direction and lead the way, but remain strongly relational as well in order to cultivate and build relationships with volunteers and staff.
Help us have the BEST Children's Ministry in Bastrop!!
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer programming, special events, etc…
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Provide care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as Creation Day, VBS, Family Nights, Baby Dedications, etc…
- Making sure we have child care for ALL events --Sisterhood, Welcome to Foundation, Baptism service, etc…