This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Early Childhood Director
Grace Covenant Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/28/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Church Staff
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
This position reports directly to the Pastor of Children’s Ministry. The Early Childhood Coordinator should be a mature believer in Christ that is excited to serve God and demonstrates a servant’s heart. The ideal candidate should have experience serving nursery and preschool age children in a church setting, have excellent computer skills, and work well with a team. The primary function of this position is to provide leadership and oversight for the Nursery and Preschool departments of Grace Covenant Church. This individual should have the ability to lead, equip, and encourage teams of volunteers to minister to the children of Grace. This individual should demonstrate a general knowledge of office equipment (i.e., copier, printers, fax machines, and laminating machine). The ideal candidate should be flexible, cooperative, and able to follow directions well.
Pay Scale & Benefits: Full Time and eligible for benefits. Salary to be determined by qualifications and experience.
Ministry Development & Coordination (60%)
• Work with Pastor of Children’s Ministry in developing current and future direction of the Nursery and Preschool departments
• Oversee the Sunday morning ministry of the Nursery and Preschool departments
• Oversee the selection management and distribution of approved curriculum for all Nursery and Preschool department volunteers
• Oversee the set up and preparation of Sunday morning activity.
• Works with the appropriate staff to develop, implement, and deploy all security measures related to the Nursery and Preschool departments, including volunteer screening and class and building safety.
• Oversee the development and distribution of the Nursery and Preschool department’s forms, brochures, handbooks and reports.
• Responsible for ordering ministry curriculum and supplies for Nursery and Preschool departments
Volunteer Development and Coordination (20%)
• Work with the appropriate staff to coordinate the recruiting, assimilation and training of Nursery and Preschool departments’ volunteers
• Oversee the development and leadership of Nursery and Preschool departments’ leaders and teams
• Coordinate volunteer ministry schedules and class assignments
Additional Duties and Responsibilities as Requested (20%)
• These duties may include building management coordination, assisting with Grace’s weekday ministries to children and other responsibilities as requested