This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bend, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 08/27/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Who Are We?
Eastmont Church of Bend (www.eastmontchurch.com) is a community of believers intent on displaying the reality of Christ in undeniable ways through the implementation of our core values:
• A Passion for God
• A Hunger for truth
• A Love for Each Other
• A Heart for Outreach
• A Desire for Excellence
• A Commitment to Integrity
• A Commission To Know, Grow and Go for Christ
Eastmont is one of the leading evangelical churches in Central Oregon encompassing a family of approximately 400+/- believers. We are firmly committed to investing in our youth so they might be transformed by the work of the Holy Spirit; that Christ might be glorified in and through them as they seek to grow in their knowledge and desire to serve Him and engage/reach the world around them. This is emphasized in a full spectrum of youth-related ministries, including a growing Eastmont Community School (currently 175+/- students enrolled in a Pre K – 5th grade), active children’s Sunday School (125+/- attendees), summer Bible outreach program (250 attendees) and dynamic youth ministry (approximately 30+/- middle school youth and 30+/- high school youth).
Minimum Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in theology (major or minor), with Masters in divinity preferred
• Two years in full-time pastoral youth ministry
• Must be born-again believer with a maturing relationship in Christ
• Meet Biblical qualifications outlined in 1 Tim 3:8-13
• Alignment with Eastmont’s statement of faith, vision, core values and goals
• Experience in leading youth missions
• Strong administrative and organizational abilities
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Ability to teach, train, disciple and encourage our youth in a growing relationship with Christ
• Commitment to incarnational ministry
• Develop and execute an annual calendar of ministry opportunities and activities for youth that contributes to the accomplishment of Eastmont vision, core values, and goals
• Promote, recruit, and disciple adult and youth leaders to help care for and love the students of Eastmont youth ministry
• Develop and maintain a local and worldwide outreach emphasis that includes coordination and fundraising efforts for youth missions trips
• Work in tandem with children’s ministry and Eastmont Community School (ECS) to build disciples in our youth.
• Provide direct oversight and supervision of the children’s ministry director
• Work closely with the church administrator and finance ministry to develop and execute with integrity the annual budget for youth ministry
• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study and prayer
• Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children (if married and applicable)
Annual salary of $35k - $45k, depending on experience, plus benefit package
Please e-mail a resume with references (minimum of three) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to address the following points in your cover letter:
• Explain your philosophy of youth ministry.
• Explain what has led you to apply for this position.
• Explain how do you view youth ministry in relationship to the church body.
In addition, if you have any materials (teaching video, publications, etc.) that you would like to submit as part of your application, please send a link or file attachment.
Application deadline: Monday, September 10, 2012