This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Taylors, South Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 08/27/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
The Director of Worship is a part-time position (approx. 20 hours a week) that will support and inspire the worship and music ministries of Velocity Church. The position will require a desire to lead people in a wide variety of praise and worship music, as well as secular music styles and work with all areas of worship within the church body. A desire to lead others in a team environment both directionally and spiritually is a must. Candidates for this position are asked to send their resume to email@example.com or Velocity Church 1720 Reid School Rd Taylors, SC 29687
Work experience requirements and goals for this position are as follows:
- Salvation in Jesus Christ alone and support for the Vision, Method, and Process of Velocity Church.
- Collaborate alongside a diverse staff of creative and innovative individuals to create excellence in a modern worship experience.
- Seek ways to creatively present Biblical themes and ideas utilizing worship technologies.
- Build musical and creative elements that are appropriate for series and special events - always strive to raise the bar in enhancing the worship experience at Velocity.
- Schedule, lead, and equip musicians and singers for rehearsals and worship experiences.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor, Technical Director, and Creative Arts team by meeting weekly to discuss the elements of all upcoming worship experiences to ensure that all areas of the worship experience is executed at the highest possible level.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the Media Team to achieve excellence in worship.
- Possess a knowledge of instruments and equipment as well as current pop culture and music.
- Utilize Planning Center software to schedule musicians, share music, and plan worship experiences.
- Create an atmosphere of worship through vocals and instruments.
- Instruct design teams on stage design and setup.
- Ability to work within a ministry budget.
- Availability during holiday and special services of Easter, Christmas, and Fall Festival is required.
Part-time, 20-25 hours a week
Reports to the Senior Pastor
Required Weekly Rehearsal
Required Weekly Planning Meeting