This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Arts
New Life Community Church
Pismo Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/24/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Church of the Nazarene
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Worship Arts
The ideal candidate will combine spiritual integrity and a pastor’s heart with a contagious passion for worship. He will demonstrate excellent vocal and instrumental abilities, strong stage presence, commitment to building and leading a talented team of vocalists and musicians, and cutting edge technical aptitude. The desired spiritual gift mix for the ideal candidate includes leadership, shepherding, administration, and encouragement.
Our worship style is diverse, including contemporary praise, traditional hymns, and even country gospel.
Our new Director of Worship Arts will:
• Be an active participating member of the Executive Team
• Train, supervise and shepherd a professional staff (Technical Director, Video Producer, Sound Technician, and Administrative Assistant) and a large volunteer contingent
• Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor and worship staff to plan weekend services
• Plan an annual calendar and budget for the Worship Arts Department
• Expand the opportunities for musicians and artists to use their gifts in ministry
• Work with teams to create a visual environment and experiential atmosphere of worship for weekend services
• Maintain regular office hours
• Serve as part of our weekly Pastor on Call rotation
Our new Director should meet the following qualifications:
• Meet the Scriptural requirements for church leadership found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Be comfortable with Church of the Nazarene doctrine and polity
• Have a proven track record of recruiting, training and mentoring multiple worship teams
• Have significant experience leading worship with bands and vocal teams in a church of 1,500 or more
• Have experience in choral production and arranging for special programs, e.g. Christmas
• Be trained and proficient in vocal and instrumental music
• Have a working knowledge of technical systems including audio, video, lighting, and stage design
• Be proficient in the use of software such as Pro Tools, Ableton, ProPresenter, and PCO
Interested persons should submit a resume and demo CD/DVD to Marc McAlpine, New life Community Church, 990 James Way, Pismo Beach CA 93449, or send links to a LinkedIn profile and sample music to firstname.lastname@example.org.