This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Hill Country Bible Church
Georgetown, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 08/24/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Hill Country Bible Church Georgetown is prayerfully seeking a person who can creatively oversee our ministry to children ages birth through fifth grade, and has a heart for children and their families.
We are a family of believers committed to reaching people with the life changing reality of Jesus Christ. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’ve been, or what you’ve done, God loves you passionately. We offer two identical contemporary worship services on Sunday mornings, along with adult and student equipping classes to provide a deeper understanding of God’s Word. Our worship style uses contemporary music, relevant teaching of the Bible, and other creative ways to express how great God is.
Full time position - 45 -50 hours a week, (includes Sunday mornings)
Commensurate with experience + GREAT BENEFITS
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTER QUALITIES...
1. Leadership: Strong interpersonal skills, high energy personality, optimistic, encouraging.
2. Organizational Development: Sets clear expectations, comfortable providing frequent feedback, process and goal orientated. Thrives on change. Ability to recruit, train and retain volunteers.
3. Communications: Comfortable with open, honest, direct communications. Skilled both verbally as well as in writing. Effective with children, volunteers, parents of children and church leadership.
4. Christ-honoring character: Demonstrates character traits such as integrity, generosity, patience, courage, and an overall maturity in life. Values & actively pursues a healthy personal and spiritual life.
- Heartfelt love for children and families
- Minimum of 3 years experience in children’s ministry administration
- An education or background in leading a preschool or early childhood program is preferred
- Previous experience designing, recruiting and training children’s ministry team volunteers
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in implementing curriculum (understanding of Think Orange curriculum is a plus)
- Knowledge of basic safety and health standards
- Comfortable interacting with pastoral staff & elders.
- Ability to work with Communications Director regarding children's ministry website content and upcoming events
- Successful at overseeing special events & volunteer coordination: Easter, Christmas, Baby Dedication, Bible Clubs, etc.
- Seeks relevant ways of bringing families together in monthly fellowship-oriented events
- Recognizes the value of creating environments for each age group that facilitate learning & encourage spiritual growth.
- Thorough understanding of both Mac and PC operating systems as well as basic office software
PURPOSE OF POSITION...
This individual partners closely with our Student Pastor and interacts with all staff members to encourage and create an environment where church and family come together to partner with the vision of children’s ministry. This individual comes alongside families to help transition children from children’s ministry into a dynamic student ministry that fuels young adults to be the church and influence their generation. We want to help kids learn how to see God for who He is, and see themselves as God sees them so that they can love others the way He does.
Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor
If this opportunity is of interest and you meet the above qualifications, please send us your current resume detailing your experience & education relevant to this role along with professional references (people you have reported to and/or worked closely with)
Please email documents to email@example.com
**Your information will be reviewed and if your experience matches our needs you will be contacted to discuss next steps.