This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Macon, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 08/23/2012
Categories: Business/Administration - Facilities Management
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Northway Church is a ten-year old SBC church located in a growing suburb of a medium sized city in middle Georgia. The Church Administrator will be an integral part of our Executive Team and will oversee the financial, business, and database systems of Northway Church. This person will partner with the senior leadership to develop and implement strategies across the organization.
The Church Administrator will continue to define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth of the church. This person will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology, human resources, and physical infrastructure.
The Church Administrator exists to work together with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team to:
- offer administrative and operational leadership that sharpens and finely-tunes Northway Church’s practical ability to fulfill the church’s vision.
- create effective and efficient systems and ensure all operations are accomplished with organizational excellence.
- align ministry efforts so that staff effectively accomplish desired outcomes.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate financial records for proper financial management procedures and integrity, and for ensuring that Northway Church is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and applicable federal and state laws.
- Manage and oversee the accounting and finance staff.
- Oversee weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Oversee accounts payable / receivable and payroll.
- Oversee contribution records. Ensure accurate and timely giving statements are mailed. Assist Lead Pastor in sending recognition notices for gifts made in honor / memory of individuals.
- Communicate financial standings/reports to the Lead Pastor, staff, and church leaders.
- Establish and maintain proper internal financial controls and policies, including proper separation of duties.
- Guide staff and volunteers in properly following Northway Church’s financial policies and procedures.
- Safekeeping of all funds, securities and fiduciary documents of the church including proper records retention practices.
- Primary church contact with the external auditing firm, including internal oversight of the audit process and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Recruit, train, and manage church volunteer “counting team.”
- Responsible for developing and preparing the annual budget.
- Be the primary point person representing the church to all banks, investment institutions, and third party benefit administrators.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, develop methods of encouraging stewardship among the members and regular attenders of Northway Church.
- Ensure HR and financial compliance with all legal requirements of 501c3 corporations.
- Maintain personnel files and proper paperwork for each employee.
- Relate with Health / Dental / Life Insurance provider. Annually research options for employer provided insurance.
- Maintain a professional working knowledge of the Northway Employee Handbook and ensure all policies are followed.
- Manage and oversee the Facilities staff.
- Serve as Northway Church’s point person on all legal and property affairs.
- Ensure every employee has the proper environment, furniture, resources, and technology they need to do their jobs with excellence.
- Coordinate, monitor and act as primary purchasing agent for procurement of equipment, furniture and fixtures, supplies and other items.
- Oversee the Information Management Systems and Technology resources such as computer needs and use, network requirements, software evaluation and purchases, Internet, and electronic communications.
- Supervise, directly or through others, all administrative and support staff for personnel, benefit, and office protocol issues.
- Manage and ensure implementation of church policy on child abuse prevention, safety issues, facilities usage, wedding, funeral, property/liability insurance, etc.
- Maintain files on background checks for volunteers. Work with ministerial department heads to be sure proper paperwork is in place for volunteers.
- Oversight of facilities personnel ensuring maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, grounds and landscaping, and coordination, scheduling and policies of outside use of facilities.
- Relate to outside vendors hired for maintenance needs.
- Oversee church safety team. Recruit and manage volunteers serving on this team.
- Maintain current safety procedure handbook.
Ideal Core Behaviors
The successful Church Administrator will have a deep and growing relationship with God, active involvement in the leadership of a church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountable relationships. A Christ honoring lifestyle marked by personal holiness, servanthood, gratitude, joy, and spiritual and emotional maturity. The Church Administrator will have a growing passion to model mature spiritual leadership with a diversity of leaders. Integrity in finances, relationships, and time management is expected.
The successful Church Administrator will possess a broad knowledge of strategic leadership and demonstrated experience in successfully leading others. This individual will have a strong understanding of financial statements and generally accepted accounting principles. This person will be able to manage staff, negotiate contracts, relate to outside vendors, and will possess a willingness to make difficult decisions. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred. Experience in a medium to large church setting is also preferred.
The successful Church Administrator will understand and embrace the vision of Northway Church. This individual will have an unrelenting passion for equipping Christians to become excellent stewards of God’s resources. This person will be loyal to the local church and to faithful, generous stewardship. This person will be a team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire church.
NOTE: Please submit resumes to designated contact person by email or mail only. Respectfully request no phone calls or drop-ins.