This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Teacher
Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool
Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/23/2012
Categories: Christian Teacher
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
Bel Air Presbyterian Church is seeking candidates for a full time shared position working with the Children's Discipleship & Preschool departments.
The Coordinator of Preschool Discipleship is a leader for children and families at Bel Air Presbyterian Church. The Coordinator's purpose in all of his or her leadership, relationships, teaching and programming is to welcome children into life-long, loving relationship with Jesus Christ and to nurture them in Christian discipleship.
Bel Air Presbyterian Preschool is a Christian program with developmental emergent-curriculum philosophy and accredited through NAEYC. The Preschool Resource Teacher is a motivated individual who thrives in a team setting and has a commitment to life-long learning. He or she also has a basic knowledge of the Internet, email, and is comfortable with Microsoft Office programs as he or she will be performing many various administrative tasks as well as working in classrooms.
• Personal integrity
• Love for children and passion for ministry
• Emotional and social maturity
• Warm and enthusiastic personality
• Administrative gifting and organizational skills are a must as this position provides crucial administrative support
• Works well on a team and seeks collaboration among all ministries of the Church
• Ability to invite, train and support volunteers to serve
• Self motivated with strong communication skills
• Ability to think critically and creatively
• Experience in Children's Ministry
• Bachelor of Art or Science degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Elementary Education or closely related field preferred.
• Early Childhood teacher permit or credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. *A minimum of 12-24 ECE units as a part of degree or certificate program required.
• Must have ability to lead vocally while playing piano or acoustic guitar as this position will be responsible for music programming for the Preschool music studio and Preschool Chapel as well as involvement in the children's music program on Sunday mornings.
All candidates are expected to pass a thorough background check and State fingerprinting, working interview and a comprehensive written questionnaire. Interviewees will also be asked to perform musically to demonstrate their ability to lead chapels.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and an upbeat work environment. Please email resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Preschool Resource Teacher & Church Coordinator of Preschool Discipleship" in the subject line. No phone calls please.