This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Contemporary Worship Leader
Groesbeck United Methodist Church
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 08/13/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
• Personal relationship with Christ
• Enthusiasm and energy with a love for worship through music
• Demonstrate ability to lead worship through worship
• Capable of recruiting and developing worship teams
• Evidence of spiritual development and leading others in spiritual development
To provide Spiritual leadership for Groesbeck Church through contemporary worship utilizing music, prayer, the Word and multi media to communicate the message of the Gospel to the gathered community. The primary objective to fulfill the mission and vision of Groesbeck Church.
Leadership and Vision
Goal: Identify a specific plan how to execute appropriate worship services to fulfill the mission of GUMC and identify specific targeted results of said plan.
1. Develop 3-5 annual goals that align with mission and vision.
2. Meet monthly with Pastor to review worship plans and refine and develop strategies to execute worship goals for the congregation.
3. Work weekly with pastors and worship team to run through worship and plan specifics of worship services.
4. Lead worship, praise, prayer and song for Contemporary Worship service.
5. Oversee sound and media for Contemporary Worship service.
6. Develop plan to launch new innovative youth oriented service in conjunction with Student Ministry Pastor.
Teamwork, Empowerment and Equipping
Goal: To recruit and equip worship teams including, band, sound and media personnel and to develop and empower leaders in the area of worship.
1. Prayerfully recruit praise band participants and organize special guest musicians.
2. Recruit and lead sound technicians and multi media personnel.
3. Meet weekly with worship band, sound and media servants to practice and prepare for Sunday’s.
4. Provide Spiritual dynamics for weekly teams utilizing prayer and devotions in order to develop spiritual unity and growth.
5. Meet with other leaders to facilitate and develop plans to fulfill our mission and vision.
Administration and Position Management
Goal: To manage their role and understand expectations and goals to fulfill the mission and vision of the church and to properly coordinate and manage their own time as well as the paid and unpaid servants of contemporary worship.
1. Communicate on a weekly basis plans and events.
2. Communicate calendar issues, website and newsletter information.
3. Oversee supplies, materials for your areas of responsibility.
4. Communicate effectively with Senior Pastor in areas pertaining to ministry responsibilities.
Goal: To provide strong biblical and spiritual leadership for the congregation and community which begins with personal spiritual growth.
1. Maintain personal spiritual growth plan.
2. Identify tools and people you are developing spiritually in the area of music and worship.
Goal: To develop and support new worship events which reach out to people for the purpose of spiritual growth and development
1. Work with other team leaders to support special events with music and worship.
2. Develop new community outreach ideas to support the direction of the church.