This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Carlisle Evangelical Free Church
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 08/09/2012
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical Free
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Worship Pastor/Director at Carlisle Evangelical Free Church is a leader who will have a deep love of Jesus and his people, and for worship and the role it plays in the vitality of a congregation. The Worship Pastor/Director will oversee all aspects of the Worship and Programming Ministry at CEFC, and co-lead the church’s Sunday Services with the Senior Pastor. The Worship Pastor/Director will ensure that each worship service is centered on glorifying Christ and is planned and executed in a way that maximizes the congregation’s participation in meaningful and authentic worship of God.
Ministry Area/Department: Worship Ministry
Position: Worship Pastor/Director
Accountable To: Executive Pastor
Position Is: Full Time, Paid
Minimum Maturity Level: Stable, Mature, and Theologically Solid Christian
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership • Administration
• Fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all Worship Ministry team members and ensure that the entire Worship Ministry is in alignment with church’s vision, mission, and philosophy of ministry.
• Facilitate weekly Service Planning Meetings with pastoral staff for planning and production of thematically integrated services.
• Plan the worship services around the teaching pastor’s theological theme(s) in order to engage people in worship through a variety of means including (but not limited to) songs, hymns, readings, prayer, drama and multi-media.
• Lead worship approximately three weekends per month. CEFC currently has two services each Sunday at 9:15 am and 11:00 am.
• Lead weekly worship team rehearsals.
• Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
• Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and Tech Team volunteers.
• Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
• Oversee all areas of lighting, sound, and presentation software, and lead volunteer teams in these areas.
• Develop annual ministry plan and budget for the Worship Ministry.
• Assist other areas of ministry at CEFC with sound and lighting needs.
• Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
• Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
• Is teachable, responsive, and flexible and in agreement with CEFC’s doctrine, mission, and values.
• Has a pastoral presence on the stage, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
• Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture and to recruit develop and train new leaders.
• Ability to play multiple instruments and to read and write musical arrangements
• Knowledge and appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present.
• A degree in musical performance or music preferred; equivalent experience considered.
• A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large gatherings.
• Able to lead and mentor others with wisdom and grace.
• Knowledge of ProPresenter and Planning Center Online a plus.
Please see our website at www.carlislefreechurch.org for more information on our church and our doctrinal statement.
To apply, please send us: A letter of interest and introduction; your resume with references; a video (or video links) of your participation in leading worship. If a video is not available please send audio files or links. The search committee will be following up with qualified candidates. You may send your information via email with "Resume" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org directly (do not use the websites submission link) or snail mail to:
Carlisle Evangelical Free Church
Attn: Search Committee
290 Petersburg Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest!