This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Multi-Site Campus Pastor
Mission Community Church
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 08/08/2012
Categories: Campus Pastor
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Campus Pastor is the “face” of Mission Community Church at our Multi-Site Campus location. He or she will oversee the successful launch of the first Multi-site Campus, including staff, technology, worship, volunteers, ministries, etc. He or she will be a high capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success of the local church. Success is defined as a growing campus fulfilling the vision of MISSION by helping people take their next step toward Christ - together.
ROLE: The campus pastor is a...
• Catalytic Leader...Able to rally people to a cause.
• Team Builder...Can build teams and identify high capacity leader to build more teams.
• Relational Leader...Friendly and approachable.
• Talent Scout...Always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers.
• Total Quality Manager...Looking for ways to improve; sensitive to misses; committed to excellence.
• Communicator...The primary host, greeter, vision-caster of this congregation.
• Cheerleader...Encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
• Carrier of the DNA...They bleed the mission, vision and values of MISSION.
• Solution Specialist...Able to identify problems and find solutions.
• Staff Champion...Cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of campus staff.
• Pastor...Has a heart to identify leaders and build systems to care for the congregation.
• Reproducer...With the entire staff, reproduces leaders, followers of Christ, and campuses.
PERSONALLY: The campus pastor is a...
• Learner...Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
• Seasoned at MISSION...Knows MISSION, loves MISSION, no question on understanding method or philosophy.
• Conflict Resolver...Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin.
• Leader at Home...No concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his or her family.
• Time Manager...Does not require external systems to prioritize; is intrinsically motivated.
• Person of Integrity...At the core, they make solid decisions based on life-long values.
• Self-Aware Individual...Knows where he/she is weak - finds others to fill in those gaps.
• Disciple...Fully-devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The campus pastor is a...
• Pastor...Helps meet the care needs of his/her growing congregation. Some of this is done personally. As the church grows, much of this is done by developing systems of care and equipping leaders to help.
• Build Teams...Identify, equip, empower and lead volunteers to do the ministry of the church at this campus.
• Connects...Attends the all-staff meeting at the Gilbert campus each week; Meets with members of the Lead Team individually or as a group as requested.
• Communicates...Keeps his/her supervisor aware of the successes and struggles taking place at the site by proactively and consistently sharing stories and reports.
• An Expert...He/she learns the people, issues, needs, concerns, history and demographics of the community.
• Flexible...Has the ability to adjust and support as needed.
• Adheres...To the MISSION staff handbook including our statement of ethics.
• Team Player...A leader, yes, but also a team member who will do everything possible to make their supervisor, the lead pastor, and the leadership at MISSION a success.
SUCCESS* OF A CAMPUS: Defined by...
• Making Disciples...People are meeting Jesus and growing in their faith.
• Passionate Alignment...There is excitement about the vision of MISSION.
• Growing Intentionally...Every year, more people are attending, meeting Christ, taking steps and participating than were in the previous year.
• Financial Health...Within 12 months, the revenue coming in matches or exceeds the expenses going out. Within 24 months, the excess revenue coming in has paid for the start-up expenses.
• Volunteer Development...The ministry is led by capable, trained and aligned volunteers.
• Collaborative Creativity...The campus becomes an environment for creativity and innovation, and ministry that flourishes is shared with all the other campuses.
*While this campus is led by the campus pastor, he/she is not alone in achieving success at that campus. The Lead Team and the entire staff of MISSION will be working for the success of each campus.
Reports to: Executive Pastor, Responsible for: Any staff hired at the same campus; all volunteer leaders at that campus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any sample speaking videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.