The Campus Pastor is the “face” of Mission Community Church at our Multi-Site Campus location. He or she will oversee the successful launch of the first Multi-site Campus, including staff, technology, worship, volunteers, ministries, etc. He or she will be a high capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success of the local church. Success is defined as a growing campus fulfilling the vision of MISSION by helping people take their next step toward Christ - together.
ROLE: The campus pastor is a...
• Catalytic Leader...Able to rally people to a cause.
• Team Builder...Can build teams and identify high capacity leader to build more teams.
• Relational Leader...Friendly and approachable.
• Talent Scout...Always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers.
• Total Quality Manager...Looking for ways to improve; sensitive to misses; committed to excellence.
• Communicator...The primary host, greeter, vision-caster of this congregation.
• Cheerleader...Encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
• Carrier of the DNA...They bleed the mission, vision and values of MISSION.
• Solution Specialist...Able to identify problems and find solutions.
• Staff Champion...Cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of campus staff.
• Pastor...Has a heart to identify leaders and build systems to care for the congregation.
• Reproducer...With the entire staff, reproduces leaders, followers of Christ, and campuses.
PERSONALLY: The campus pastor is a...
• Learner...Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
• Seasoned at MISSION...Knows MISSION, loves MISSION, no question on understanding method or philosophy.
• Conflict Resolver...Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin.
• Leader at Home...No concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his or her family.
• Time Manager...Does not require external systems to prioritize; is intrinsically motivated.
• Person of Integrity...At the core, they make solid decisions based on life-long values.
• Self-Aware Individual...Knows where he/she is weak - finds others to fill in those gaps.
• Disciple...Fully-devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The campus pastor is a...
• Pastor...Helps meet the care needs of his/her growing congregation. Some of this is done personally. As the church grows, much of this is done by developing systems of care and equipping leaders to help.
• Build Teams...Identify, equip, empower and lead volunteers to do the ministry of the church at this campus.
• Connects...Attends the all-staff meeting at the Gilbert campus each week; Meets with members of the Lead Team individually or as a group as requested.
• Communicates...Keeps his/her supervisor aware of the successes and struggles taking place at the site by proactively and consistently sharing stories and reports.
• An Expert...He/she learns the people, issues, needs, concerns, history and demographics of the community.
• Flexible...Has the ability to adjust and support as needed.
• Adheres...To the MISSION staff handbook including our statement of ethics.
• Team Player...A leader, yes, but also a team member who will do everything possible to make their supervisor, the lead pastor, and the leadership at MISSION a success.
SUCCESS* OF A CAMPUS: Defined by...
• Making Disciples...People are meeting Jesus and growing in their faith.
• Passionate Alignment...There is excitement about the vision of MISSION.
• Growing Intentionally...Every year, more people are attending, meeting Christ, taking steps and participating than were in the previous year.
• Financial Health...Within 12 months, the revenue coming in matches or exceeds the expenses going out. Within 24 months, the excess revenue coming in has paid for the start-up expenses.
• Volunteer Development...The ministry is led by capable, trained and aligned volunteers.
• Collaborative Creativity...The campus becomes an environment for creativity and innovation, and ministry that flourishes is shared with all the other campuses.
*While this campus is led by the campus pastor, he/she is not alone in achieving success at that campus. The Lead Team and the entire staff of MISSION will be working for the success of each campus.
Reports to: Executive Pastor, Responsible for: Any staff hired at the same campus; all volunteer leaders at that campus.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any sample speaking videos to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- October 27
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- October 27
Campus PastorManchester Christian Church
- Manchester, New Hampshire
- October 27
Senior Pastor (767612)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Mission Community Church
Mission is a fast-growing church in the southeast Phoenix metro area. Currently we average 6,100 in attendance and have grown by over 1,200 people/year for the last three years. We have five services on our campus each weekend in our new, state-of-the-art worship center (1,500 seats). Our vision comes directly from Micah 6:8: to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. We truly seek to live our vision. We partner with a ministry in Fiji, rescuing girls from sex trafficking, and a ministry in Malawi, Africa, feeding More...