This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Dana Point, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/07/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Branchesoc.com (Dana Point, CA)
3 year old Church plant drawing people from San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente, and
Our mobile three year old church plant is looking for an experienced person with a passion for children, developing leaders, children’s ministry, and trying new things. We define ourselves as ‘a church for people who don’t go to church’. As such, if you’re going to reach people that no one else is reaching you have to try things that no one else is trying. We think the same is true for the kids and their families in our community who don’t know the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Passionate about ministering to children. Energetic, experienced and creative in developing and leading teams of unpaid staff to create weekend environments and special events for kids. Familiar with reproducing leaders and being a pastoral Reproduce leaders and being a pastoral presence for kids and their families.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children (leading approx 30 volunteer staff for 60-100 children on a Sunday) ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, weekly programming, special events, etc…
- Choose and prepare a camp based curriculum and experience for each program and each age level.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will draw kids to know Jesus and not just know about Jesus.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events such as VBS, Monthly Kidz Nightz, Bus outreach to community, Summer Camp, etc.