This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Director
Abundant Life Christian Fellowship
Mountain View, California, United States
Date Posted: 08/04/2012
Categories: Children's Pastor - Church Staff
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Children’s Ministry Director
Abundant Life Christian Fellowship is seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to lead our thriving and growing children’s ministry in Mountain View, CA (San Francisco Bay Area). We are aggressively recruiting and seek to fill this position with a dynamic individual before the end of the 2012 calendar year.
The Children’s Ministry Director works with the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team (a full-time staff team of four) to envision, plan, develop, execute, and lead the Children's Ministry Program (birth through sixth grade), with the ultimate goal of changing kids lives through transformational teaching coupled with transformational relationships, supporting families in their efforts to raise godly kids, and reaching the unchurched kids within our region and neighborhoods, all in adherence with ALCF’s Core Beliefs and Mission.
To create and lead a world-class Children’s Ministry (primarily at our weekend services) to:
1. Reach unchurched families in the Bay area and grow those kids in a Biblical understanding of who God is, so that, in God’s timing, they might enter into a relationship with him.
2. To equip Christ-following kids to live life differently on Monday as a result of their time spent at ALCF on Sunday.
This Position Reports To:
Executive Associate Pastor
•Lead Weekend Services
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) is responsible for creating a strategic and vision-driven weekend experience for kids that is Bible-centered, kid friendly, relational, relevant, fun, and unforgettable.
•Lead A Gifted Team
The CMD is responsible for leading, and coaching a team of “A” level staff.
•Enable Vision-Led Recruitment
The CMD is responsible for designing and leading implementation of effective recruiting and apprenticeship strategies for the Children’s Ministry. This includes a value for multi-generational serving opportunities, actively seeking to involve pre-teens, teens and seniors in key serving roles.
•Oversee Misc. Children’s Ministries
The CMD oversees all strategic children’s ministries events beyond weekend services, including family events, outreach events, baptisms, etc.
•Contribute to the Management Team of ALCF
The CMD sits on the Management Team as a representative of Children’s Ministry and a key contributor in steering the strategic direction of the church at large
• To lead and coach a staff team of “A” players who share the vision and strategy of Abundant Life Christian Fellowship and the children’s ministry.
• To create a great weekend experience through a strategy of Transformational Teaching and Transformational Relationships. To create a ministry where kids love coming to church, and are learning how to follow Christ. We want them to learn how to pursue God, love people, serve sacrificially, and share Christ – in age appropriate ways.
• To create high quality weekend programming that is Bible-centered, kid friendly, relational, relevant, fun, and unforgettable. To create a place where kids love to come.
• To develop effective recruitment strategies so that each ministry is fully staffed with gifted volunteers who are growing in their own lives, share our vision and strategy and connect well with kids, volunteers, staff, and parents. To be proactive about growing those volunteer ranks through intentional apprenticeship, in anticipation of on-going growth.
• To create a culture of commitment in children’s ministry where volunteers care deeply about the ministry and this shows up in their passion, energy and commitment to serve.
• To create a healthy staff culture where each person is living out our values and loves being part of the team.
• To create a “culture of execution” where each staff member and volunteer knows his/her role, why it is important, what their specific outcomes are, and is equipped and held accountable to achieve them.
• To create a “culture of enthusiasm”, where volunteers and staff are cherished, vision-filled, and reminded regularly of the life-changing role they play in the lives of kids.
• To create a “culture of excellence” where we are serving our kids, volunteers, and parents well and creating word-of-mouth buzz that continually draws new families to the ministry.
• To create an annual budget (in conjunction with senior leadership) that reflects the strategic priorities of this ministry and to make sure we stay on track throughout the year.
• To develop a dashboard of key performance indicators to measure our effectiveness and inform our strategies.
• To provide effective leadership (counseling, conflict management, prayer, etc.) for the volunteers and parents.
• Spiritual Passion – Someone who is a passionate Christ-follower and is living out our vision and values in his/her own life.
• Great Character – Someone with great integrity, courage, humility and compassion. Someone who is approachable and open to feedback. Someone with a servant spirit, collaborative attitude, and a small ego.
• A Passion For Kids - Someone who loves kids and is passionate about Children’s Ministry. Someone with a proven track record leading within a thriving children’s or student ministry in a larger church setting.
• Strategically Aligned - Someone who understands and is experienced with the power of an effective Large Group/Small Group model. Someone who can measure the health and success of this model and make course corrections to it when necessary. Someone who is non-traditional and forward-thinking in their approach to children’s ministry.
• A Clear Communicator of Vision – Someone who is able to communicate vision clearly in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings. Someone who knows how to share the right things with the right people at the right time and in the right way.
• Leadership Intuition – Someone with strong natural leadership intuition in areas like designing programming, building a team, creating environments, recruiting volunteers, developing leaders, creating alignment, solving problems, etc.
• Strategic Thinking – Someone who is gifted at seeing the big picture and identifying the key issues. Someone who recognizes where we are, where we need to go, and how to get there. Someone with strong insights, discernment, and judgment.
• A Gifted Team Builder – Someone who is able to recognize, attract and build strong teams of “A” level players. Someone who knows how to gather the right people to the ministry, put them in the right places, and isn’t afraid to remove people from the ministry when the need arises.
• An Excellent Coach – Someone who is able to assess, mentor, encourage, lead, and develop strong leaders.
• A Culture Creator – Someone who can model, communicate, and cultivate our staff culture and values. Someone who can create an environment of deep trust, honest dialogue, and authenticity.
• Consistent Execution – Someone who is gifted at planning, organizing, scheduling, and executing. Someone who can create a culture of execution and results-oriented ministry.
• Strong People Skills – Someone who is highly collaborative and gifted at building healthy relationships. Someone who is good at responding to conflict authentically and resolving it quickly and effectively. Someone who is a good listener and open to feedback.
• A Commitment To Excellence – Someone who loves excellence and knows how to get the best from themselves and others.
• Proactive, Hard Working & Efficient – Someone who works hard, is quick to take initiative, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• The Right Chemistry – Someone who connects well with our Children’s Ministry Leadership Team and other leadership players and shares our vision, values, strategies, and culture. Someone who is outgoing, loves to learn, likes people, and has a great sense of humor.
• Full time: 45-50 hours/week
Abundant Life Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational evangelical church in Mountain View, California, located in the in the beautiful San Francisco Bay area. We are a richly multi-ethnic church. Currently, the church has a total attendance of about 4,000 each weekend at our three services, and growing.
We are contemporary in worship, practical in teaching, and casual in feel.
We have three weekend services (one on Saturday night and two on Sunday morning). We are currently running between 500-600 kids in our weekend ministry (0-5th grade). We feel poised and ready to grow to 800+ within the coming year.
We are a non-denominational church that encourages fellowship and unity among all believers regardless of denominational affiliation. (Ephesians 4:4-6)
We are an evangelistic church that spreads the good news of Jesus Christ by every means at our disposal. (Matthew 28:18-20)
We are a Spirit-filled church that relies on the Holy Spirit to make us effective in our ministry and witness for Christ. (Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18)
We are a Spirit-led church that welcomes the orderly exercise of all spiritual gifts which exalt Christ and edify the church. (1 Corinthians 14:26; 1 Peter 4:10)
We are a consecrated church that yields to the Holy Spirit as He works in us to cultivate godliness and disciplined living. (Galatians 5:22-23; 2 Corinthians 7:1)
We are a loving church that recognizes love as an essential ingredient in the life of every believer. (1 Corinthians 13)
We are a giving church that acknowledges Christ's lordship over all that we have including our money, time, and talents. (Proverbs 3:9; Matthew 25:14-27)
We are a praising church that joyfully exalts the Lord through singing and other expressions of worship and praise. (Psalm 100:4-5)
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Aaron Reynolds at email@example.com.