This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Communications
University City United Methodist Church
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 08/03/2012
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Communications
• Provide leadership on how the church’s Vision, Mission and Core Values are presented.
• Serve as the gatekeeper for all materials created for internal and community distribution to
assure consistency of message and branding.
• Serve as a resource to staff and UCUMC groups on planning for internal & community advertising. Provide
guidelines and suggestions for internal publications, photography needs, banner protocol, scrolling
announcements, website use, flyers, posters, etc. Provide details about community publications, ad rates, and
• Attend worship planning and staff meetings to gather information for weekly needs as well as
long-range plans and events.
• Serve on the Evangelism Team and attend team meetings.
• Produce weekly worship needs: Bulletin – includes creating cover graphics to support the sermon (as needed),
layout, printing, folding and distribution.
Sermon Slides – as requested by preaching pastor to support sermon.
Scrolling Announcements – receive requests, edit, and provide text to tech team.
• Produce The UCUMC News, printed weekly newsletter:
Receive submissions, edit, layout, printing, and distribution.
• Produce the weekly UCUMC e-News
Receive submissions, edit, layout, and schedule.
• Website management:
Ongoing content updates.
Reorganize site architecture as needed.
Troubleshoot problems, issues.
• Facebook management:
Create UCUMC relevant posts.
Monitor for inappropriate comments/posts and delete as needed.
• Coordinate and/or create ads for magazines/newspapers.
• Design and coordinate printing of curbside banners.
• Design and produce postcards, flyers, posters for special events or ministries.
• Design and produce bulletins for special services and musicals.
• Design and produce Pathways of Discipleship booklet (Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer editions)
• Design and produce materials to support Stewardship initiatives, Sermon Series, etc.
• Propose Communications yearly budget.
• Manage contracts for copiers and postage machine.
• Oversight of Communication related invoices; responsible for required financial forms.
Applicant’s qualifications should include the following:
Degree in Communications, Design, or Marketing
Proficient in Word, Publisher, PageMaker, photo editing software
Experience in website content maintenance, Constant Contact, and social media
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to Brian Baylor, firstname.lastname@example.org and Ria Holtzhausen, email@example.com.
Deadline August 15, 2012