This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Youth Ministries
Banner of Christ Church
Byron Center, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 09/04/2012
Categories: Christian Teacher - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Brethren
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Director of Student Ministries
Position Description: Ministry staff person with a primary focus on youth ministry from middle school through high school. Potential to grow this position to include other pastoral ministries exists depending on skill sets, ministry experience and time availability. Currently this position will involve Sunday morning and evenings, weekly staff meeting and other student contact times. Total of 20 to 25 hours in Youth ministry with potentially additional ministry responsibilities to expand up to full time, depending on qualifications and abilities
1. This person will be one who models the life of an authentic Christ-follower who seeks to lead students into a vital relationship with God.
2. This person should be a team player on the staff. Contributing to the building of a servant team of leaders by example and attitude.
3. This person should have a track record of effective ministry in the above-defined areas. Some previous experience will be necessary for this position.
4. This person should show a willingness to be stretched and grow in the defined ministry role. Commitment to further training and leadership development.
5. This person and his/her family will become regular attendees and active participants in the life of Banner Church.
1. Youth Ministry
• Oversee, teach, give leadership to volunteer staff and students in the full program of Banner Church Youth Ministries. (Currently grades 7-12)
o Including setting curriculum for Sunday School classes, and working with BCYM team to line up teachers.
o First year will include alternating teaching in Middle School and High School for continuity and building relationships with students
o Planning, coordinating a youth calendar and providing updated information for Student Ministry pages on church website
o Leading weekly youth groups for Middle School and High School.
??? Be the primary vision caster for BCYM team who will help administrate the details of our overall youth program. (Be the coach of this hard working team)
2. General Team Ministry Oversight
• Be available to provide supervision of leadership of additional ministry teams helping with communication, leadership training and development.
• Be a developer and mentor of youth ministry student and adult volunteer leadership.
• Be a team player as part of Banner’s staff.
• Be available to the Senior Pastor to assist where gifted and needed.
1. Will be determined based on years of ministry experience both paid and unpaid
If skilled to lead in additional ministry areas, pay package will be discussed at interview.