This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
University City Fellowship
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 08/01/2012
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
University City Fellowship can be summed up in three statements...
Love Loud.Risk Often.Hope Always
We are a community of people who are willing to Risk Everything to Reach Everyone.
Does this sound like you?
Does this sound like a community you desire to be a part of?
We are currently looking to hire a Student Pastor. Below is a complete Job Description.
General Description- Student Pastor
The Student Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students (grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for high school students.
3. Create and manage a high school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending UCF.
8. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
9. Assist in the development of an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget.
10. Function as a member of UCF’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Position Structure and Level
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Category: Regular Full-Time
Staff Designation: Senior Staff
You may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org