This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Worship & Arts Pastor
University City Fellowship
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 08/01/2012
Categories: Media/Technology - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
University City Fellowship can be summed up in three statements...
Love Loud.Risk Often.Hope Always
We are a community of people who are willing to Risk Everything to Reach Everyone.
Does this sound like you?
Does this sound like a community you desire to be a part of?
We are currently looking to hire a Arts & Worship Pastor. This position will work closely withe the Lead Pastor in creating an irresistible environment for our weekly Neighborhood Gatherings (worship services). Below is a complete Job Description.
General Description- Arts & Worship Pastor
The Arts Pastor is responsible for creative use of the arts in support of weekly worship services and all other church ministry activities. This includes planning, design, and production of weekly adult worship services; overall support of all other ministry areas in the use of the arts; and continuous improvement of arts capabilities in the church.
Essential Job Functions
1. Lead a team volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support use of the arts in all areas of the church.
2. Function as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts, supporting all areas of ministry within the church.
3. Plan, design, and produce weekly adult worship services with Creative Team.
4. Function as primary worship leader for weekly adult worship services.
5. Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, technical/creative artists in the production of weekly worship services and periodic special events.
6. Provide arts support as needed in the production of all special events and other church activities.
7. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of adult worship facilities.
8. Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
9. Assist in the development of an annual budget for arts ministries and manage spending to budget.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music, Biblical Studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
Position Structure and Level
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Category: Regular Full-Time
Staff Designation: Senior Staff
You may submit resume and media to email@example.com