This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bethany Baptist Church
Moline, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 08/30/2012
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time
Bethany Baptist Church (Converge) is looking for a part-time, paid worship pastor to lead worship ministry on Sunday mornings and other venues. We are looking for someone with a pastor's heart and strong musical leadership skills. Administrative skills are also desired. Our worship style is blended, leaning toward contemporary. This is a 24 hour per week position. Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
In a part-time staff position (24 hours per week), work with the senior pastor in overseeing the planning, preparation and leading of corporate worship in various venues.
Strengths & Qualifications:
• Effective in planning and vocally leading corporate worship
• Evident gifts in music and leadership are a must. Experience in leading blended worship services and knowledge of sound systems is desired
• Possesses the experience and the ability to lead instrumental and vocal ensembles
• Is able to work effectively with the congregation, staff, and Elder Board
• A Kingdom vision that values partnerships with other congregations and parachurch organizations
• Understands the scriptural and theological basis of worship
• Possesses and models a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and is passionate about the Lord
• Have a working knowledge and an appreciation of various styles and traditions in church music. Is willing to champion a blended worship service of both traditional and contemporary music
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Intentionally and consistently nurture a dynamic, personal relationship with God
• Self-leadership, personal accountability and absolute integrity
• Devote priority time to family, personal Bible study, prayer and worship
• Lead the congregation in becoming a spiritually dynamic body through encountering God’s presence in worship at various venues.
• Shepherding and overseeing the Praise Team and Music, Video, and Drama (MVD) team spiritually first and musically second.
• Planning and attending worship services and special events.
• Working with the Youth Leaders to lead and develop youth worship team.
• Teaching on worship/life in the Spirit.
• Overseeing lay-led worship arts ministries and encouraging congregational development of other worship arts.
• Set and meet ministry goals under supervision of Senior Pastor
• Participate in pastoral staff responsibilities
• Enter into the life of the church by attending Growth Groups, special events and activities
• Build pastoral relationships with the body and with visitors.